Thread: Virus Alert

Poster
    Do not download anything from the user
    [SN]
    Most of the files have a virus in them.
    I think it is hllp.hantav.a or something like that, and it bombards your shared folder and some other random one with cracks and stuff. And when you try to delete them they reappear. I got rid of them by deleting a 'Media' folder.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Duties are not performed for duty's sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
    Mark Twain

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    hate to break it to ya but deleing the files alone wont solve the problem. if you have already executed it
    and it sounds like you have its already made itself at home in you windows directory

find the correct name of your virus. probably w32.hllp.****** type it in search engine and you should go straight to network associates then follow their step by step guilde to removing the virus.

i think it makes a temp directory (system temp ?)in windows and also adds itself to the registry

Esss

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by balamm@30 May 2003 - 20:44
    You know......

They have this software you can use now.....

And then you don't have to worry about user names and deleting folders (which just frees the virus to roam your hard drive freely and attach itself to other files)

I think it's called.... Anti something.....
    you can get norton antivirus 2003 from this site

Its a Sig2Dat link
    Overnet Lite 0.53

Free hosting for P2P clients - PM me

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    esbee is right. its allready in his windows directory. it still amazes me how many people go on2 the net without having anti virus or firewall. especially on p2p. thing is that worm can spread 2 whoever he is connected 2 as well. depends whether it is the red crack exe.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by EsssBee@30 May 2003 - 21:20
    hate to break it to ya but deleing the files alone wont solve the problem. if you have already executed it
    and it sounds like you have its already made itself at home in you windows directory

find the correct name of your virus. probably w32.hllp.****** type it in search engine and you should go straight to network associates then follow their step by step guilde to removing the virus.

i think it makes a temp directory (system temp ?)in windows and also adds itself to the registry

Esss
    Actually, it did solve it. The files never appeared again. This happened quite a while ago anyway and I have since rebooted my computer a few times. Come to think of it, I rebooted it on Thursday!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by OcramC+30 May 2003 - 21:46--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OcramC @ 30 May 2003 - 21:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--balamm@30 May 2003 - 20:44
    You know......

And then you don&#39;t have to worry about user names and deleting folders (which just frees the virus to roam your hard drive freely and attach itself to other files)

I think it&#39;s called....&nbsp; Anti something.....

Its a Sig2Dat link [/b][/quote]
    For some starnge reason NAV 2003 won&#39;t work on my computer. It says
    "Cannot access C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Desktop" and "Fatal Error, Installation terminated prematurely" and so on. Now I have PC-Cillin 2003.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by Penis Monkey+31 May 2003 - 07:11--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Penis Monkey @ 31 May 2003 - 07:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -OcramC@30 May 2003 - 21:46
    <!--QuoteBegin--balamm
    @30 May 2003 - 20:44
    You know......

And then you don&#39;t have to worry about user names and deleting folders (which just frees the virus to roam your hard drive freely and attach itself to other files)

I think it&#39;s called.... Anti something.....

Its a Sig2Dat link
    For some starnge reason NAV 2003 won&#39;t work on my computer. It says
    "Cannot access C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Desktop" and "Fatal Error, Installation terminated prematurely" and so on. Now I have PC-Cillin 2003. [/b][/quote]
    are you under a limited user? (assuming you are using XP)
    Overnet Lite 0.53

Free hosting for P2P clients - PM me