Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Connection error (timeout)

Panther's Avatar lost BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I am always getting this on everysingle torrent lately so I ask what do you have it set on? how many sec?

edit: oh and I am using Azureus...
    Last edited by Panther; 03-25-2007 at 10:46 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    I had this problem before when I had too many torrents seeding in utorrent. I fixed it by removing some of them until I only had about 50. Try deleting some to see if it fixes the problem.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Panther's Avatar lost BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    hmmm, ok, will try, I susbect my isp has something to do with this thou...

Wanted to know what people have set in Tools - Options - Tracker - Server, and under Check Timeout (sec)

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    Tools > Options > Tracker > Client are the ones you want to change. the Tracker > Server settings only apply if you're using the built-in azureus tracker.

but your problem has nothing to do with those settings, if you're getting it on every torrent in your client. has this always been a problem, or did it just start? which ISP do you use?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by lysine View Post
    Tools > Options > Tracker > Client are the ones you want to change. the Tracker > Server settings only apply if you're using the built-in azureus tracker.

but your problem has nothing to do with those settings, if you're getting it on every torrent in your client. has this always been a problem, or did it just start? which ISP do you use?
    hmmm, ok, I had too set everything up in my computer recently and I couldnt remember the settings I had changed in Azureus or what the proper ones are so its possible I have messed that a bit up when I was trying to remember...

and then its the isp option, the sent a notice that the max upload amount where 6 GB a month starting 1.april but I am 99% sure they capped it down this month expect during nights because then I can max my connection which I cant otherwise (and this proplem is only recent, or just when I had to set everything up again in my computer so I am not entirely sure if its my Azureus settings or my isp) but I am pretty sure its my isp

connection status regularly switches between ok and connection error (timeout) on I think all torrents.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    anyone knows what could be the problem?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Dr_Green_Thumb's Avatar Mangina BT Rep: +4
    6 gig a month that is going to hurt the ratio, can you say switch

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Did you charge any port settings lately?

Oh and, do you like my new avatar?

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    yeah I am switching since I could live with those limits...

haha, well, I did dare you...

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    well, the issue seems too be better now...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast