Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you remember torrentit?

Xsensei's Avatar ::DreAmer:: BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by erax View Post
    compared to ftn or sct how was its position
    level 6 for me but now it's gone...
    http://www.ftwr.in/pic/smilies/pent2.gif

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Ne'tu's Avatar Member BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    I've asked in an older thread about this: does anybody have some pics of the tracker?

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Vidde's Avatar Wubalicious <3 BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    The motto was "Pirates of the new Dawn" The header is kinda still there.. At TorrentIt.com

Tracker compared..? Well, it can't compare imho. It had great speeds indeed, but the main thing, was that they had both scene AND non-scene, like requests. You could req anything you wanted, if anyone had it, they could apply as a temp uploader to up it, and tag it with [REQ]

The coding of the site was awsome, thanks to our SysOp and coder tux. He's a really great guy, and contributed a lot to the site.

Our other SysOp; Admin, was the one who recieved the warnings and the threats. He was just the SysOp at TiT, nowhere else, and he's not doing torrents now, imagine why..

Sad sad day.. I got a screenie of their last day as a tracker.. Oh, how I miss it

Regards
    -Vidde

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Vidde if you have their gfx staff like logo or anything else pm me, also screenes would be nice.Would like to creat some userbar os something like that.
    Tnx

Some preview I found on google, man I loved that design
    http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/2...rrentit3dj.jpg
    Last edited by RainRoofer; 03-26-2007 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    When TIT went down, the guys created some special images commemorating their time online. A few of these are dotted around various trackers, to remind us all how fragile our communities are.

Damn... I've been a member of every major takedown since I started torrents (UKF, UKT, ET and then TIT). Doesn't get any easier to lose your favourite communities, and one can understand the paranoia behind closed door communities, since the mighty have fallen along with the miniscule.

The biggest thing I remember about TIT was their unique appearance, which deviated considerably from the norm at the time. Since then, many communities have taken a leaf out of TITs book, and created custom skins.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    kayvanblue's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsensei View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erax View Post
    compared to ftn or sct how was its position
    level 6 for me but now it's gone...
    yup indeed it totally deserved to be at level 6. it was one of the fastest tracker in pre-time
    i remember how happy i was when i became a member there!damn only 2 weeks after they went down

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    SoLD's Avatar Custom User Title BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Only one i could find, im 80% sure i have some more somewhere on my hard drives..

wow, just checked http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.torrentit.com
    Last edited by SoLD; 03-27-2007 at 04:22 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by SoLD View Post
    I just checked it myself too. Very nostalgic.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    FSC [Fight Club] BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post
    Yep was a really good site
    Good environment, good staff, good files, and good speed.

Was acctually my favorite site when it was open
    < Same here
    Proud Member of:

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    i joined the site 2004 and after that my account not found there

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12