Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Father's company was on TV!

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Yeah, you're probably right about the deleting thing. However that's just if it's really obvious. Using your toe cheese example I don't think anyone would have real cause for complaint in a situation like that. As you said they know they are doing it anyway.

It's just the old censorship thing. Where does one stop. Who decides what should be censored and why. Something may seem off-topic to you but not vidcc. He may feel he is making a good point, whilst you think he's posting drivel. Some of what j2 posts is barely comprehensible, however I wouldn't suggest it was all deleted, much as it was at one point.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    When are you going to start talking about the medals again

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    When are you going to start talking about the medals again

Good point, well presented.

I don't think I ever talked about them actually. I just joined in when it got a wee bit interesting.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Hoi! Where is my on-topic question gone?

I wanted to know why Skizo didn't work for his dad and if it was because he was too dim even for nepotism.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Hoi! Where is my on-topic question gone?

I wanted to know why Skizo didn't work for his dad and if it was because he was too dim even for nepotism.
    Good question.

However, I think he said his dad don't be ownin' da bizness no moor, sonson.

He could also be the reason his dad sold.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Indeed, maybe his dad thought "I built this up, I'm not passing it on to him".

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    I did work there off and on all growing up until I moved away to Austin. Even then, and even more so after college, he wanted me to move back and take over the business for him. It just wasn't what I wanted. He literally worked 15 hour days, 7 seven days a week. He practically lived at that place, and coming right out of college, I just wasn't ready to commit to that. It wasn't the hard work that turned me off, but moving back to Tomball just didn't appeal to me.

A town of 6700 was a great place to grow up and I wouldn't trade it for it World. I also like to go back every few months, and I enjoy the town and the people, but living there again really wasn't even a consideration.

Not that I get to enjoy Austin as much as I'd like to. Most days are like today where I worked 11.5 hours.

yo

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    I did work there off and on all growing up until I moved away to Austin. Even then, and even more so after college, he wanted me to move back and take over the business for him. It just wasn't what I wanted. He literally worked 15 hour days, 7 seven days a week. He practically lived at that place, ...
    So long as you are aware you have unresolved issues with regard an absent parent that's cool.

I'm sure the therapy you are currently receiving is dealing with that. The mock pride at his achievements is testimony to how far you have come.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    I couldn't work with my old man, and when I did it would lead to domestic violence.... pain in the arse.

surely some kind of inheritance is stashed away for the Skizo-meister?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    I did work there off and on all growing up until I moved away to Austin. Even then, and even more so after college, he wanted me to move back and take over the business for him. It just wasn't what I wanted. He literally worked 15 hour days, 7 seven days a week. He practically lived at that place, and coming right out of college, I just wasn't ready to commit to that. It wasn't the hard work that turned me off, but moving back to Tomball just didn't appeal to me.

A town of 6700 was a great place to grow up and I wouldn't trade it for it World. I also like to go back every few months, and I enjoy the town and the people, but living there again really wasn't even a consideration.

Not that I get to enjoy Austin as much as I'd like to. Most days are like today where I worked 11.5 hours.
    That reminds me of one my coworkers. His pops makes upscale suits (makes them for old Coach John Thompson too in fact) and wants him to take over the business. His father makes tons of money and my coworker worked for him when he was younger (his brother still does) but he said it's just not what he wants to do.

His father gets so much business that he doesn't want to advertise cuz he likes doing most of the work himself. He does have shows and such (I've even modeled some of his suits ) but he doesn't care about expanding or hiring tons of workers. I've seen all the fabrics, tables, and such all in the basement of his huge house.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast