Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Verifieds----for What?

I know I hardly ever use k-lite anymore, everytime I need more sources. So I dled the program that automatically searchs for me. then I ran adaware, removed its spyware and It dont wanna run.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    It's come to the sad point where I only use Kazaa to download MP3s. which the selections isnt that big anymore

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    mIRC isnt a P2P file sharing program. Finding and downloading files can be somewhat difficult and time consuming especially from a file server. mIRC will never replace or be better than P2P filesharing for the layman. Besides, where do you think 75% of the movies on P2P come from? Most movies and software is cracked and served on mIRC and then shared P2P. It is the nature of the beast.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Just keep in mind that the fasttrack network is definitely failing. However, it still has the largest user base of any p2p program. TMD movies and stuff with small file sizes will still propogate in KLite land. Mp3s are still readily available, and our verifieds here are top notch. Too bad most sharers are on 56k. Us broadband users are always looking for faster connections.

To really take advantage of the verifieds, someone needs to create a simple searchable database for hashes. This would make things a bit easier.
    Proud member of MDS

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Movieman420's Avatar Overclocked Encoder
    For the most part, I agree...
    Using KaZuperNodes to jump supernodes every couple of hours
    seems to help (esp. when U use SpeedUp) gather sources...
    It helps somewhat.
    For those who haven't, check out
    www.fasttrackhelp.com

U can d/l KZN and learn how to use it... Good forums too!

From what little I've read about the new breed of P2P networks they are
    gaining in d/l speeds do to the actual network stucture, in that the searches
    are able to reach more of the network (maybe even all) via a 'hub' system
    of sorts. Most of all, another big advantage is that a file doesn't have to be
    complete in order to start sharing it! With the large size of movie files this
    translates into a MUCH more efficient (faster) method of file sharing.
    If I remember correctly, while d/ling you don't have any choice but to at
    least share that file during the d/l.
    This is all off the top of my head...lemme find the site I read all this from and
    I'll post it here.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    For the record, IRC is Internet Relay Chat and "MiRc" is but one[of many] types of clients to connect to an IRC network and channel.

After logging onto a network and going into a channel(room), you simply request a file from a "bot" which is just a computer serving up files.

Most movies/music/warez are initially released using IRC.

It can be fast once you begin to download(100-150Kbps) but even they are slowing down due to congestion. But, you wil never get a fake file.

Well worth the effort of learning how to use it though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12