Thread: Problem With Windows Xp

i just got finished downloading windows xp from this topic (one in second post by TRshady) but when i try to open it is says "c:\program files\kazaa lite\my shared folder\windows_xp_pro_corporate_final.exe is not a valid win32 application" please dont tell me i have to download it again. it took about four days on a dsl connection (not too many sources). thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Its almost certainly an iso file to burn onto a cd. Change the extension from .exe to .iso and burn to a cd. (Burning iso files is either covered in the faqs or if u do a search of the forum)

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    i tried that in nero and it said it wasnt a valid iso, and when i remane it, it still stays as an .exe

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Go to the folder you have your file,
    then click on Tools at the top, go down to Folder Options, then click on View tab,
    scroll down and uncheck the box that says "hide file extensions for known file types",
    click OK, go back to your iso file, right click, rename, then delete the extension .exe replace with .iso.
    Now it should show up.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    wow, thanks alot, that really helped me out

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by ian_l_williams@4 June 2003 - 19:45
    Its almost certainly an iso file to burn onto a cd. Change the extension from .exe to .iso and burn to a cd. (Burning iso files is either covered in the faqs or if u do a search of the forum)
    seconed . have fun.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    thanks everyone, it seems to be working great