Thread: Should I Have It On?

Everyone talks about firewalls, and I don't want to sound like a newbie, but what are they? I have McAfee Viruscan Professional edition and it gives me the option to turn on a firewall. Should I have it on or off? Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but if anyone can help me thanks.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Out of The Ordinary
    If You got a firewall then You should use it.
    I Myself use Norton AntiVirus 2003 and it's always on.

BOT

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    if u play online games this will cause an enourmous amount of warp and probably lag.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by [B][O][T]@31 May 2003 - 00:42
    If You got a firewall then You should use it.
    I Myself use Norton AntiVirus 2003 and it's always on.

BOT
    Thats right ...... always on and your virus scanner always on......

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    i gone in2 paranoid mode...myself i have norton firewall 2003 norton internet security norton viruscan 2003 allso. with all the dickjead (wannabe) hackers out there and especially with all the key generator and all other exe. files on kazaa u need em. b4 that a rather nasty little worm came free of charge with a file i downloaded and a complete uninstall/install of xp followed......paranoia maybe ....aint gonna happen again though.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I have no antivrus stuff installed, takes to long to boot up. I do have a firewall after nightass tried to hack me. So i would say have iy on, you will need to config it to allows apps to gain acsess to the net, apart form that you will be fine.