Thread: Watch .bin Files

Sorry if this tip is old news. But i just found out it is possible to watch movies which are in .bin format by just opening them using VideoLan. No need to do anything else to them. What a great prgram that is.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    hereibe
    wat is videolan?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    whats the point ,changing it to mpeg takes what ... 30 seconds out of your life ? and deleteing the bins take another what 10 seconds

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    umm how about u mount them using DAEMON tool or Alcohol 120% then using Windows Media to play it.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    I use VideoLan before anything else. Thanks for saving me the hassle of converting the file first and then deleting the bins.

@Runik
    Whats the point of going through the steps of converting it when all I gotta do is play it?

Haven't tried this yet but will on my next .bin file.
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    huh? i thought bin files were like CD images

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    I'll admit it doesnt really take much effort to mount the file and then extract the mpg. But some people get confused with bin files and anyway it's just more convenient to just right click and then open them. Came accross this purely by accident being impatient and wanting to preview a file to make sure it wasnt a fake.

Runik - All those 40 seconds add up you know

Herbie - check out videolan here http://www.videolan.org/

Swat_leader - bin files are CD images but if it's a SVCD/VCD file this works.