Thread: DC++ Help

I used to have DC on this computer. Ive tried to get it working again and im getting the following message when i try to hash my files. (BTW ive not been able to get any files hashed)

[21:46] TLS disabled, failed to generate certificate: The system cannot find the file specified.
    [21:46] Failed to load certificate file
    [21:46] File list refresh initiated
    [21:46] File list refresh finished

Any help on this is appreciated..

Once again thanks for your words of wisdom (in advance of course)

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Hallo sasslife, the best advice I can give you is, forget DCC, and try a SlavaNap server. This advice is based on experienced wisdom ...lol

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/every...-server-163745 (OpenNap)

If you insist on DCC, then keep your eye on this thread, I shall see if I can glean some information from our, semi-intelligent, always obstreperous, house bot, Obscene_Messiah...

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    He's talking about DC (Direct Connect) not DCC (Direct Client-to-Client protocol in IRC).

I wouldn't forget about DC, it's still the best if you get into good hubs. It's very good when you are interested in something very specific, like a certain sub-genre in music etc.

Can't help with the problem itself though, one would think that TLS is not essential but if you can't get your files hashed I suppose it is then. Try an older version perhaps?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    of yes..I hit one C to many...my DC can take up to two hours to hash all my files...maybe it was still busy hashing them?