Thread: Recommend A Good Game...

Poster
    I'm not just looking for Kazza rips, but a good game in general that I could buy. I've got a 500mh Celeron, with 96mb ram(start laughing now). I love damn near all game types, spare real time strategy. For reference my three favorite games that run well on my comp. are Civilization(any), Sims(or most any sim game), and actually Half-Life runs pretty well. Lately I've been downloading alot of older "freeware" titles that I still really enjoy, so any recommendation would be welome.

2. Games   -   #2
    TRshady
    It's a shame you don't like real time strategy as they would be most suited for your pc, anyway some older games you may enjoy are:

Premier manager 97 (works much faster then champion manager)
    Fifa 2001 (would work better then 2003 edition).
    Tomb raider series (If your a fan)

These are some of the games I used to play and don't forget about sega genesis roms which I think are amazing and there available from my site if your'e interested. Sorry if the games mentioned are a bit old but your specs I'll be surprised if any new games will work on your pc.

Whats your ghrapics card?

3. Games   -   #3
    Max Payne is a great game.

System requirements

Microsoft Windows 95/98/2000/ME
    450 MHz or faster processor
    96 MB RAM
    16 MB Direct3D compatible graphics card
    4x CD-ROM drive or faster
    DirectSound compatible sound card

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    commandos 1 and maybe 2
    heroes of might and magic 1&2
    army men

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    Thanx for the quick replys already(damn that was fast). I love my turn based strategy(Civ 2 is still & me thinks always will be my favorite). I've looked at Heroes of Might and Magic as well as Age of Wonders, are these series worth a large download for a 56k(again, laugh at me) user to check out? As far as Max Payne, I really didn't think it would run on such a light system, I may check it out even if I have to turn all the options to the lowest setting, how about another good 1st or 3rd person shooter that may run well(Serious Sam and Deus Ex push me to the limits, but run just good enough)?
    As far as the "football" games go, as an American, I have the utmost respect for the sport(hell, it's one of the most demanding sports I've EVER seen) but unfortunatly it just does not really appeal to me.
    On a side note I love "American Football" although I still don't understand why it's it's called "football" and I don't know where we came up with the name "soccer"?