Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shooter

! ANGEL !'s Avatar Poster BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    nice movie

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    Elvenmunky's Avatar Day Sleeper
    7/10
    "Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War.
    Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    It started out good but the latter part of the movie was just too predictable for me. While watching it, I kept thinking I've seen this sort of plot countless of times in other action flicks.
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    I just watched The Shooter this weekend.

The plot is basically as follows: Marky Mark plays Bobby Lee Swagger a military sharpshooter who is betrayed numerous times and ends up going on a kill crazy rampage, which given the circumstances is entirely justified. It sort of reminded me of Rambo, the main difference being that First Blood is actually a lot more believable than this film (unlikely as that might seem).

I couldn’t understand why the organisation behind the assassination choose to set up a man who is not only capable of single handedly shooting down a helicopter but also resourceful enough to successfully slip out of a hostile country unnoticed after being left behind to fend for himself. Surely it would have been easier to choose a chump and then construct a convincing back story to ensure he was a believable suspect and frame him.

Something else I had a problem with was when the rookie FBI agent got too close to the truth. A bunch of masked men abducted him and forced him into an incredibly elaborate device that would have made it look like he had committed suicide. If they were prepared to go to that sort of trouble why did they give him such a savage beating? If they had succeeded and I was investigating his death, the injuries he sustained would make me suspect foul play.

Also, when Swagger takes the bait and goes after the man really responsible for the assassination (wheelchair-bound Michael Sandor) why don’t they just arrange for Sandor to blow Swagger up? Sandor kills himself anyway so how hard would it be to strap some explosives to his wheelchair and have him push the button – problem solved. Instead they send in a boatload of soldiers that inevitably fail to kill Swagger who then proceeds to escape with the help of the rookie FBI agent and some A-Team style ingenuity.

Summary

Number of helicopters successfully downed: Two.
    Number of faceless henchmen killed: Countless.
    Amount of screen time Marky Mark is shirtless: Approximately ten minutes.

4.5 out of 10
    Last edited by ArchStanton; 07-10-2007 at 03:57 PM.

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    Member BT Rep: +2
    In my opinion 9/10. Great movie

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    magdiali's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    its good but not as good as the departed

7. Movies & TV   -   #27
    zeven0's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    one of the best movies!!

8. Movies & TV   -   #28
    FSC [Fight Club] BT Rep: +2
    A bit too predictible but overall a pretty good movie. I was wanting to watch a action/suspense film and it kept me entertained.
    Proud Member of:

9. Movies & TV   -   #29
    Demigod's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I don't know. To me, it seems like it was based on or at least inspired by the storyline of the Bourne movies.

10. Movies & TV   -   #30
    i thought the movie was ok. maybe because i'm not a fan of action movies but still was fun to watch. 6.5/10

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast