Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Waiting 30 days

Quote Originally Posted by LittleWing View Post
    A few weeks ago, I was in the same boat as you. Just read around a lot, and check the "Open for signups" thread. Soon enough, you'll be in some decent private trackers, and then you'll just have to become a Power User (or the equivalent) to get invites.

Thanks, actually trying to do just that right now! Seeding away... though no one seems to want to download it . It's kind of a pain to have to build up so much upload on trackers I'm not really interested in, but I guess that's just how things work...

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    RTFM's Avatar <? print "BCC"; ?> BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    What tracker, if I may ask?

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    Sure, it's

http://www.underground-gamer.com

Open signups still if you like that sort of thing! I don't really play games all that much so it's of less interest to me, but it does seem to have a lot of stuff...

Unfortunately though, in trying to boost my ratio I've somehow managed to get to 0.012 Which is obviously absolutely awful! The thing is the busy torrents there are mostly huge, in the terrabytes range, so I tried to download just part of one to seed - then after getting about 500mb my bittorrent client threw out an error and wiped the whole thing.

So I'm 500mb down with no uploads at all, so I tried to get smaller parts of the busy torrents - been seeding a game or two in a PS1 compilation for the last 5 hours and managed to upload 8mb. I can only guess everyone else is trying to do the same thing, or maybe I have something set up wrong, but I'm at my wit's end!

Even tried using a different client (Azureus instead of bittornado, which seems to have problems with selecting 'do not download' pieces), so who knows if it's set up right...

Heh, sorry to rant, just been trying to work this out for a while now... bet you wish you hadn't asked!

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    You can use up your gigs so easy at U-G. I love that tracker. I managed to get my ratio over 1.0 by downloading parts of the most popular stuff as it gets uploaded. It works

I'm not sure why your client would just give you an error??

Remember that you gotta do this with brand new uploads otherwise you will find that it doesn't work because yeah other people will do the same. it's hard to seed 1:1 at U-G otherwise when you can get torrents that are 60-100 gigs. Also look at the request section and try to fill requests. I also got a few gigs easy like that.

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    Oh it's just this weird error it does, I did know about it but just forgot because it doesn't happen often - as far as I can tell if you select some parts to not be downloaded, it doesn't save some sort of important information about those parts, and when you start it up again it says something like 'file not found'. It wouldn't be so bad if you could just check the info and restart, but for some reason it also deletes everything I've already downloaded.

I figure I'll download a bit more of one of the torrents and then just try to seed that bit using azureus - I'm starting to get more of an upload rate as the day goes on so at least I know it's not a problem with the settings

Thank you both for your help though! I do appreciate it, I know I must seem like kind of a moron with some of this stuff

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    BANNED BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by DavorSuker View Post
    Waiting 30 days to get into the invite section is too harsh.....30 days in way too long.....I can't wait that long.....and the BitTorrent section is so borring now since they moved everything to the invite section............
    yo its the long wait that helps stupid noobs like u to not get scammed or to scam others. In the world of filesharing patience is neccesary!

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    TBE's Avatar *************
    I'm also waiting... 30 days is a long period....

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I just signed up then forgot about the forum for about 2 months so it worked out alright. Everyone else had to go through the same wait and its not gonna change so why complain?

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    General2k's Avatar Death's End BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    All this complaining about 30 days being to long will not make anyone shorten it. The only thing that may happen, other than pissing everyone off, is have the wait time lengthened. Perhaps 2 months
    Gee, Brain what do you want to do tonight?
    The same thing we do every night Pinky. Try to take over the world!

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    Bucktoof's Avatar Byaaah! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I've been patient, and I think the 30 days is a good idea. Maybe make the scammers lose interest

Got myself under a week to go! woo!
    http://4t.myminicity.com/ind - build industry!
    http://4t.myminicity.com/tra - build transportation
    http://4t.myminicity.com/sec - build security

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast