Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schools Out Slow Downloads

I think because all the colleage students with their t1 and t3 connections are out for summer vacations the downloads are extreamely slow.I mean how mnay people do you know can really afford a t1 or faster speeds unless they have like the rcn mega modem wich only makes it double attbi speeds.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    If my ISP uncapped my cablemodem, it's capable of 10 Mbps speeds. As-is, it's only ~1.7 Mbps down/0.25 Mbps up. If I was willing to pay 2-5 times what I pay now, I could get a faster connection from my ISP which has >2 Mbps down and 1 Mbps up.

But since my cable can already download as fast or faster than a T-1 line ( 1.544 Mbps up and down), I've got very little reason to upgrade. I'm lucky to sustain about a 20 KB/sec download rate as-is on KL++ 24/7.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Jeeze man, you're getting ripped. I pay $39 a month and I get on average 3-4Mbps down/1-2 Mbps up. Who is your ISP, roadrunner?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    FvKin GeniuS :D
    i got road runner mine is 5Mbps down/3Mbps up so i dont know wha your talking bout buddy
    Board rule: max 500x150 Pixels (w x h)

https://filesharingtalk.com/sigs/albegaleeeee.jpg

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    I'm on comcast and well worth what I get for $40.00/month

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    Road Runner? no, but close...
    My ISP is ComCast -- and my upstream USED to be only 0.125 Mbps...
    My cable bill is $51-53/mon

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    Yeah well my economy sux shit $100 a month for if I wanted that

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    I feel lucky, $29 per month. I get 3Mbps download and some where around 0.25 to 0.75Mbps upload. Limits are 30GB download and 7.5GB upload per month. Not bad for the money.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by REALITY@31 May 2003 - 22:14
    I feel lucky, $29 per month. I get 3Mbps download and some where around 0.25 to 0.75Mbps upload. Limits are 30GB download and 7.5GB upload per month. Not bad for the money.
    My connection (~1.7 Mbps down/0.25 Mbps up) may sound worse than that -- and the price seems much worse, but I stated the price being tax-and-all for the monthly TV+cable internet bill -- not just the cable internet by itself.

And I have no bandwidth limits per month -- only speed caps/sec.

So I really do average 60+ GB/mon in uploads alone and ~60 GB/mon in downloads.

I'm a 'bandwidth hog' in terms of keeping my uploads maxed out, but download-wise I'm seldom pushing it near max... if I did that I could get over 300 GB/mon. It wouldn't be very fair to others if I did that, but the main reason why I don't is for me to actually KEEP all that I'd be burning 15-25 CD-r's a day -- or 500-800 a month. If I did that, I could easily justify getting a DVD-RW/-R burner.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast