Thread: 0% completion rate!!!

Dry

I use xnews and my isp provides news server. When I connect to a.b.cd.image or other major newsgroups, I get 0% completion rate. and also I can't connect to a few newsgroups such as a.b.the-terminal etc.

I think the problem is the location of the news server because I get 85~95& completion rate when connecting to newsgroups around my area which is far east asia.

That means my news server sucks. So, would the problem be solved when I use to news servers which are located in europe or us?

Can anyone suggest me a good news server too? and I don't mind using a subscription news server.

Thanks.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Poster
    you could try usenet-news.net - they offer block purchases (say 10GB for £ 2.60), so you can see what they're like in case you want to sign up for a monthly package

they're the only one I've tried, and I've had no complaints (they have EU and US servers)

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    you could use giganews, they are probably the best news server

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    I use usenet-news.net also. I have nothing to compare it to, but the retention time is 70+ days and seems to work fine. I don't think they offer encryption. I like the fact that you can buy an unexpiring block, so good for light users or to test the waters.

Quote Originally Posted by BigH View Post
    you could try usenet-news.net - they offer block purchases (say 10GB for £ 2.60), so you can see what they're like in case you want to sign up for a monthly package

they're the only one I've tried, and I've had no complaints (they have EU and US servers)

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    asfdlq3i45poi's Avatar Master
    Quote Originally Posted by t48lnh3ybt View Post

That means my news server sucks. So, would the problem be solved when I use to news servers which are located in europe or us?
    Where are Usenetserver's servers located??

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    The list below are all quality servers with great retention and some have trials also.
    If you signup with the refferal links below youll also be supporting the site...

GigaNews | NewsHosting | UseNetServer | NewsDemon