Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Did any of our British members...

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    ...(or anybody else) watch Channel 4's showing of The Great Global Warming Swindle?

Feel free...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...35300469846467
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2

That's what I thought.

Well, then.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I did not watch it because it would only confirm my views that the whole Global Warming thing is a load of hype. No one seems to answer my question;
    What melted the 'Ice Age', was it global Warming?
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    I did not watch it because it would only confirm my views that the whole Global Warming thing is a load of hype. No one seems to answer my question;
    What melted the 'Ice Age', was it global Warming?
    I think that depends on patents.

Seriously, though...it's got lots of good understandable scientific info, presented by real scientists, and it clarifies the political dynamic magnificently.

It thoroughly debunks the idea man is responsible, and makes a comfortingly convincing case things are proceeding normally and well-within historical bounds.

I am no longer concerned at all about any warming, only the chicken-little crowd who would have us empty our pockets "just in case".

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    BANNED BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    that's not such a big lie
    my theory: to stop global warming people stop polluting, that means people stop spending precious energy, global energy crysis is retarded or eliminated

if they are making our mind, they are making it for a good cause

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by jokzor View Post
    that's not such a big lie
    my theory: to stop global warming people stop polluting, that means people stop spending precious energy, global energy crysis is retarded or eliminated

if they are making our mind, they are making it for a good cause
    Quite a leap, there.

The likelihood...oh, forget it.

Watch the show.

That's an order.

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    PLEASE WATCH "An Inconvenient Truth"....excellent documentary, best i've seen on this issue.

As for the ice age comment, with other factors, it was caused, if i remember rightly, by a water current (excuse my terminology) that is part of the global flow of hot/cold, saw the cold sink and the part of the stream closed, and it no longer heated, and eventally froz. The worry with global warming, if the current that circulates nearest to the North pole stops, due to masses of ice melting quickly and dropping to the sea floor, this would stop the current in the Atlantic (between Europe and US) and cause a rapid ice-age (in comparison with non-man-assisted past events) across this region. I may have got a bit wrong their, but watch the doc and it explains it properly. With pictures too.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo12345 View Post
    PLEASE WATCH "An Inconvenient Truth"....excellent documentary, best i've seen on this issue.

The worry with global warming, if the current that circulates nearest to the North pole stops, due to masses of ice melting quickly and dropping to the sea floor...
    This would be a new phenomenon, I think, though I am sure science can explain it.

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Tbh, I think anyone that believes global warming isn't happening is an idiot.

With that said, whether man caused it, sped it up, or had absolutely nothing to do with it, I think either way we are past the point of no return and the glaciers in the arctic and antarctic (including southern South America) will continue to melt and the sea levels will rise which will also change the weather patterns.

Now I have seen stuff on TV where ice cores are captured even miles down and studied. It is said that scientists find man-made pollutants in those cores and that it can be traced back to humans industrial revolution. On that note, I am not entirely convinced but it sounds compelling. It hard for me to believe that humans are the sole cause and well, I don't believe it. That is also why I don't think we can reverse it.

However, it doesn't take a scientist to figure out that cleaner burning cars and machinery are better for the atmosphere and environent.

Also it smart for us to get off of foreign oil and find other energy alternatives.
    The bad part for America is that we are going down the wrong road with this E85 fuel crap. It takes so much energy to make it that it isn't worth it (and we have to use foreign oil to run the machinery ). E85 costs the same or more than gasoline, gets worse mileage, and drive up the cost of corn.

The folks in South America have the right idea for their ethanol. I was thinking of buying an E85 truck last year but research showed it was a suck ass idea.

Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

The worry with global warming, if the current that circulates nearest to the North pole stops, due to masses of ice melting quickly and dropping to the sea floor...
    This would be a new phenomenon, I think, though I am sure science can explain it.
    I haven't seen the movie but I imagine glaciers melt faster simply because they have been getting smaller.

6 small ice cubes vs. 1 big block of ice
    Last edited by Busyman™; 04-02-2007 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Would that be the same documentary with the guy who says we need to cut down energy usage but who's very own house uses more energy in a month that the average household uses in a year?

And would that be the same documentary with the guy who would not answer the question of whether he would be willing to cut his own energy usage?

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast