Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: there's only a load of crap on newgroups

towerblocks's Avatar MW2 ADDiCT
    Well every village has an idiot, So i guess forums have one to

2. Newsgroups   -   #22
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by T0TAL-RECALL View Post
    Then how come all his posts in the Newsgroup section are just as retarded as this one...

Really I think he is just a moron... This thread is not even close to being an April Fools.

Here are some of his other posts...

surely there must be a search site that lists say 300 searches per page. I put in alot of titles and they didn't even come up. I thought binsearch was meant to have all the major news groups? What a flop this USenet thing is.
    Most of the files I try and download go into error. What a real disappointment this is.
    Is nzbmatrix a Server? If so then is binsearch also regarded as a server?
    Seriously this guy is a retard... He doesn't seem to understand the answers he is given on any of the threads he has started.
    I tried to walk him through some stuff the other day as well. Step-by-step, too. He just wasn't getting it.

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/newsg...lete-cd-169107

7 of the first 14 threads in the Newsgroup section are his. He just keeps ignoring good advise.

yo

3. Newsgroups   -   #23
    everyones trying to help you and all you do is backfire like a mad dog.

maybe we can put it in bittorrent terms so a n00b@ss like u can understand.

1. News-Server is like the torrent tracking server you have to connect to. Your ISP has one for free but it will only hold files for 1 to 2 days before being deleted off the server. That is why people pay for news-server to get up to 100days of retention (how long the file stays on the server). You get your max speed with a paid newserver and unlimited download. $40 bucks for 3 months and I've used 4 terabytes of download; for me has been worth it.

2. News-Client is like your bittorrent client such as utorrent or azuerus or whatever u n00bs use today. The client is free fyi.

3. The bin file is like the torrent file. IE n00b.bin versus n00b.torrent

Once you got a news-server account, u connect with your client. You go to places like *this forum to download bins and download wutever it is u fantasized about. The way you searched that comes up with 300 files is the n00bish way and sometimes will get u errors because u select the wrong files. THAT IS WHY THEY HAVE BINS!

Once downloaded, most of the time u will need winrar just like in bittorrent to rebuild the file. sometime files are corrupted because in NewsGroup they use binary (1 and 0) to send data and might get corrupted. That's why they have quickpar to fix the files, then u use winrar to rebuild the file.

Overall summary of need:
    1. Server
    2. Client
    3. Bin File
    4. Winrar and Quickpar

*P.S. I hope your just some teenager who has horomone issues, your attitude is really sh!t. I would not say newsgroup is the hardest thing but it aint' simple either. "good things take time"
    Last edited by Balix; 04-01-2007 at 09:45 PM.

4. Newsgroups   -   #24
    asfdlq3i45poi's Avatar Master
    Really I think he is just a moron... This thread is not even close to being an April Fools.
    Can't it be both? He's trying to make a joke, but because he's a moron, it doesn't come out right.

5. Newsgroups   -   #25
    link2009's Avatar NZBer
    I agree with asfdlq3i45poi .

6. Newsgroups   -   #26
    kayvanblue's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by kanamint View Post
    Every video or tv show I download needs to be repaired or can't be played. Get WinRar Diagnostic messages and Quick Par blocks come up.

This is so frustrating!!
    you need "quickpar" my friend.next time ask yourself what is the point of having par2 files when you download stuff from newsgroups! educate yourself about newsgroups before you talk about it! do you think all these people who are paying for usenet access are stupid to pay for a lame service!! majority of newcomers to newsgroup's world do not know how to search for stuffs thy need and you are one of them my friend!

7. Newsgroups   -   #27
    No, the only joke are these newsgroups. Please tell me something that is decent on them? I bet you can't.

You don't even KNOW how newsgroups work and yet you are willing to bash them? Try these...(thanks to test112)

Good sites...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Search engines:

www.newzleech.com (owned)
    www.binsearch.info
    www.yabse.nl

http://crazyheads.nl/usenet/index.php (DVDR)

Good forums I use:

www.binaries4ever.net
    www.ftaclub.net
    www.ftn2day.nl
    www.ftd.nu
    www.ft2be.nl

The best is newzbin... www.newzbin.com but if you are so ignorant you can't use it, I feel sorry for you.

[QUOTE=towerblocks;1877876]
    What a waste of time these newsgroups are. There is just a load of complete crap on there. No decent music or movies - all artists and titles you have never heard of and don't want.

Useless. I've got better things to do with my life then dealing with this @hit.

Oh yeah, you've got better things to do....like go and stick your head in the sand, because you don't know what the hell you are talking about! It may not have dawned on you, but just because YOU can't seem to use newsgroups, does not mean there is not WAY more content on there than you can imagine and people that get content off it everyday! AND you don't have to keep up with a STUPID UPLOAD RATIO! Like on torrent sites. But if that is what you want, be my guest.

B@llshit!!. Even if you do try and download TV shows or films it just goes into error and then you get viruses and trojans that affect your computer. My computer was almost wrecked yesterday.

Waste of time and effort and money!!

ps Newsleecher supersearch doesn't even work. I tried it today and nothing happens!!
    In the first place, I have NEVER gotten any kind of "virus" OR "trojan" from downloading on newsgroups. That just shows how ignorant you are on the subject! Most binary files are RAR's,so that makes it even more difficult to get a trojan or virus.

And if YOU think it is a waste of time and money because you don't know how to use newsgroups, go back to torrent downloading and keep up with a upload ratio! Good luck with speed too. Because you WON'T get the speed you find on newsgroups and max out your connection constantly! Period.

And if you cannot get newsleecher supersearch to work, they do have a help forum you can go to,or you can ask people without being such an asshole, but I guess you were to ignorant to think of that!

Either way, don't blame newsgroups for your OWN STUPIDITY!

This guy is not about april fools....just being a fool! He has other posts where he blames a newsgroup program for not working, when it is his own ignorance that is making it not work. That is not about april fools, just someone trying to act like they know what they are talking about, when they don't!
    Last edited by webe123; 04-02-2007 at 07:37 PM.

8. Newsgroups   -   #28
    I'm new to Newgroups. Last week I subscribed to Newsleecher & Supersearch for $3 a months and found some hard to find music - not mainsream - with my standard ISP's news server. Only problem was the retention is only 7 days.

I then bought a non-expring block of 10gb premium news hosting from usenet-news.net. It has 70 days retention, and since I'm a light user it is plenty for my needs.

I get content 3 ways:
    1. BT with one or two private torrent sites
    2. ISP for newer content (within 7 days)
    3. The premium news server for 8 days to 70+ days.

Newsleecher is VERY easy to use, and I toggle between the two news servers. I also am subscribed to a few news groups that i check every day.
    I have nothing to compare Newsleecher to, but it is VERY easy to use.
    The only problem I have is getting information on the content, such as the bit rate of MP3, prior to downloading.

BT and Newsgroups have their strengths and weaknesses, but using both for me at least is the best way to go.

9. Newsgroups   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by superfuzzy View Post
    I'm new to Newgroups. Last week I subscribed to Newsleecher & Supersearch for $3 a months and found some hard to find music - not mainsream - with my standard ISP's news server. Only problem was the retention is only 7 days.

I then bought a non-expring block of 10gb premium news hosting from usenet-news.net. It has 70 days retention, and since I'm a light user it is plenty for my needs.

I get content 3 ways:
    1. BT with one or two private torrent sites
    2. ISP for newer content (within 7 days)
    3. The premium news server for 8 days to 70+ days.

Newsleecher is VERY easy to use, and I toggle between the two news servers. I also am subscribed to a few news groups that i check every day.
    I have nothing to compare Newsleecher to, but it is VERY easy to use.
    The only problem I have is getting information on the content, such as the bit rate of MP3, prior to downloading.

BT and Newsgroups have their strengths and weaknesses, but using both for me at least is the best way to go.
    Totally agree although not tried supersearch. I use BT and NG a lot we have to use whatever we can for our files. To further my thoughts we should all stop beating each other up. NG is better than BT (which it quite clearly is lol) and vice versa.
    Life in the fast lane usenet freak

10. Newsgroups   -   #30
    aburyach's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I would not agree that newsgroups are crap, but I would say the music selection is not always that great Many movies though

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast