Thread: Bin.exe?

krome's Avatar triplesix clubhouse
    How do i open BIN.EXE file im tryin to extract the files if i could to a folder

example: Unreal_Tournament_2003_Final.Deviance.CD2.ShareReactor.bin.exe <~~~

2. Games   -   #2
    you can navigate to the folder with win rar and remove the .exe extension and you got a .bin.

usually people do that so people can search under software on kazaa and find the bins.

3. Games   -   #3
    if the file doesn&#39;t start a self installer it can&#39;t be an exe file so you have to tell your computer it&#39;s a bin file. Unfortunately this file type must be burned to a cd befor you can extract the files.

To do this, select folder options from the drop-down menu in windows explorer and under the view tab uncheck the box "hide extensions for known file types" now simply rename the file without the .exe ending just leave the .bin ending. I don&#39;t know how this is done in win xp

your next step will be to look for the FAQ on these forums regarding bin files

4. Games   -   #4
    Originally posted by budgetboy@5 June 2003 - 10:36
    To do this, select folder options from the drop-down menu in windows explorer&nbsp; and under the view tab uncheck the box "hide extensions for known file types" now simply rename the file without the .exe ending just leave the .bin ending.&nbsp; I don&#39;t know how this is done in win xp

your next step will be to look for the FAQ on these forums regarding bin files
    i have Windows98 not XP, I did what u said in 98 but, It still doesn&#39;t take out the .EXE part its not even in rename...

5. Games   -   #5
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    just right click on the file, rename and delete the .exe part, select yes/confirm then mount it on the virtual drive that you have with alcohol 120% and and either install it from there or burn it.

stoi.

6. Games   -   #6
    Originally posted by stoi@5 June 2003 - 10:56
    just right click on the file, rename and delete the .exe part, select yes/confirm then mount it on the virtual drive that you have with alcohol 120% and and either install it from there or burn it.

stoi.
    doesn&#39;t rename like i said, but i found another way, I USE Winiso to extract the files, and install from the, and for later use i can just burn those wannabe images into serparate cd&#39;s ,,, thanks for ur help B)