Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Thread: Installing uTorrent on a Leeware Walkthrough

gossard25's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Thanks Buggyme for all the help

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #72
    Pelorus's Avatar Roman Abramovich BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by TheQuasi View Post
    Sorry, didn't see you post the seeder/leecher ratios above. All of those except one have more seeders than leechers, which isn't exactly the desirable ratio if you're trying to seed. Look for new torrents with only a few seeders and high leechers, you might see higher speeds.
    I pm buggyman file from my seedbox and he download in about 30 kb/s
    I send them email , maybe now they will solve me the problem

update: email from them :
    Being that this is an unamanaged service your friend will have to help your resolve the problem -- I have already indicated that I can download files from your server at 2-4Mbps which is 200K-600K even 800K
    Last edited by Pelorus; 04-06-2007 at 06:20 PM. Reason: email I get from leeware

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #73
    maxrebo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I prefer using x11vnc as the VNC server. Presumably, it would use less CPU/RAM than a normal VNC server because it uses an existing X session instead of starting a new one. That is assuming that there is already an X session running, which I am not certain of with leeware.

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #74
    Buggyme's Avatar Retired BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Nope, I don't think an existing X session would be running by default on a VPS server.
    Last edited by Buggyme; 04-07-2007 at 01:49 AM.

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #75
    maxrebo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by Buggyme View Post
    Nope, I don't think an existing VNC server would be running by default on a VPS server.
    Not an existing VNC server, an existing X session. As in, even a Gnome or KDE login screen that already exists. By your instructions of connecting to X display :1, I assume that an X display :0 already exists. Then, you might be able to save some ram by connecting to the existing :0 using x11vnc instead of starting a :1 with a normal VNC server.

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #76
    this is pure genius

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #77
    Buggyme's Avatar Retired BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by maxrebo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Buggyme View Post
    Nope, I don't think an existing VNC server would be running by default on a VPS server.
    Not an existing VNC server, an existing X session. As in, even a Gnome or KDE login screen that already exists. By your instructions of connecting to X display :1, I assume that an X display :0 already exists. Then, you might be able to save some ram by connecting to the existing :0 using x11vnc instead of starting a :1 with a normal VNC server.
    Hehe, yeah sorry that's what I meant. Just typed it wrong
    Edited my post now.

And yeah, on a Leeware, they basically installed FC6 on server mode, not desktop mode, so they don't have any X session running - no KDE/GNOME.

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #78
    thats a greate guide ...
    thanks,

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #79
    Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    just a few questions:

1. which leeware plan was this done on? do you think things would work alright with $15 plan? (384mb ram)

2. has lee ever said anything about torrenting? i would think that because of this thread he has many torrenters..

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #80
    BANNED BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    great guide
    thx

Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast