Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Society Held Captive

crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by PB Montgolfier+31 May 2003 - 20:54--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PB Montgolfier @ 31 May 2003 - 20:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--OlderThanDirt@31 May 2003 - 19:53
    This may be a simplistic and pessimistic view of history.&nbsp; But, I think people as a whole (anywhere) are basically sheep looking for shepherds.&nbsp; Unfortunately, some shepherds turn out to be wolves leading their sheep to the slaughterhouse.&nbsp; And unfortunately, some sheep are willing to allow this as long as the trip to the slaughterhouse is a reasonably comfortable trip.
    I think you´ll find that it´s the Shepherd that would take the sheep to the slaughterhouse.

The wolf is more likely to do what it wants there and then. [/b][/quote]

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Poster
    "whether they are starving or not thats how theyve been brought up, they see him everywhere. if he wants to nuke us theres nothing to stop him,
    so if people like you provoke him he will "

So we will just let him have his way with little or no consequence shall we?
    While his people starve.

We are brought up to believe alot of things that are not true.
    Sometimes the awakening is hard and sometimes it is enlightening.
    For the people of North Korea it will be hard & somebody is going to die.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Stick to the cultural imperialism my American friends. You are much better at it.

Just look at someone in Moscow, eating a Big Mac, with Mikey Mouse ears, on there way to see the latest Hollywood movie.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    no, no, no, no, no, no, DICK

iraq had pee-shooters they couldnt even reach us until we invaded. people didnt believe they had lost even when they could see troops. some where desperate enough to fight to the death.

n.korea has less freedom than that, they do have weapons of mass destruction, they can attack us in the sea.

we are talking about weapons that instantly kill everyone within 10 miles, slowly kills everyone within 30 miles and possibly everyone with 100 miles.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Poster
    "It is absolutely outrageous to me that there are entire societies held captive by the small handfull who wish
    to impose their sadistic will;

(Former)Sadam Husien&#39;s Iraq
    Kim Jong II&#39;s North Korea
    et al

Should we fight every one of them?
    Answer.....YES"

Probably should have phrased this better.
    What I mean by "fight" is to aggressively condem, but not exclude going to war.

Of course some may say; Why should we sacrifice our children for some peoples rights in some far-off place?

1) Those who have the power to effect change should do so for those who cannot.
    2) If only one small corner of our world is denied it&#39;s basic freedoms & needs we all are worse off.
    3) tyranny should never be allowed to flourish anywhere.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Poster
    My question remains "TheDave" , Do we allow them to do whatever they please with little or no consequence?

Obviously going to war with them (N.Korea) would be disastrous.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    yeah, but people see it as interfering and they dont like it. the US cant just govern the world

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by clintonesque@31 May 2003 - 15:25

Probably should have phrased this better.
    What I mean by "fight" is to aggressively condem, but not exclude going to war.

Oh.
    Well that does change things.

What I meant by "You buying?" was "Are you buying?".
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Poster
    Yes that is true & I respect your opinion.
    The US can&#39;t govern the world.

At what point does our lack of interference make us (the World) an acomplice to the tyranny of others simply by our indifference or lack of action?

What does it take for reasonable/civilized peoples to become involved in the sufferings of others.
    If we only act when genocide occurs then we are obviously too late.
    And if we do nothing, then what are we?

I don&#39;t agree with shipping American culture all over the world, it&#39;s repugnant.
    I love the diversity of the human condition both cultural & religious.
    I may not like some cultures or religions but I respect their right to exist.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Poster
    Bying what clocker? the American position on international affairs?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast