Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is it safe to use utorrent ?

mike160's Avatar Old School
    hi,
    Being that utorrent is now part of bittorent inc. and bittorrent has partnership with the mpaa. I am just being paranoid but the mpaa could use bittorent to monitor what ips are dl ul what torrents. I just like to know other peoples onpions on this is it safe to use utorrent or would another client be better to use

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    AnestesiaGeral's Avatar SickBoy BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    I believe that it will have no impact whatsoever on file sharing. If anyone even tough have some doubts, then use peer guardian, and it will increase the safety of downloads.
    uTorrent is still the most reliable client to download torrents. Wouldn’t trade it for shure.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    hi AnestesiaGeral when you say use peer guardian are you talking about this program here http://phoenixlabs.org/pg2/

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    AnestesiaGeral's Avatar SickBoy BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Yes I'am mate.
    Try it and you'll love it.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    ok thanks AnestesiaGeral

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    josephs911's Avatar Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    as of now no one has found anything in there software to indicate they are spying but people will checking checking to make sure you will know if they do
    “When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.”

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Buggyme's Avatar Retired BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Indeed. If you want to be really safe, just get 1.6 - that was done before the takeover.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Buggyme View Post
    Indeed. If you want to be really safe, just get 1.6 - that was done before the takeover.
    Exactly what alot of people will probably do. Just not download the newer releases.

I however havent seen anything at fault in the new releases to date. Doesnt mean they wont add anything in the future versions however.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    You would be suprised what pops up as blocked when using PG2. Nothing is perfectly safe, but at least it block the obvious IPs.
    I haven't taken a beating like that since I opened my first issue of Hustler!
    The World is a Sick Place and I'm a Happy Guy!

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    nemesi54's Avatar BCC nemesis BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Buggyme View Post
    If you want to be really safe, just get 1.6 - that was done before the takeover.
    You're absolutely right...I've uploaded here the 1.6...Please be my guest..

http://rapidshare.com/files/23998750....6-install.exe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast