Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shouldn't Lounge Posts Count?

Poster
    I only post occasionally so I'm not really concerned about myself but... I read the forum almost daily and I see many people that contribute VERY often, they actually are the reason I keep coming back, yet they get no credit for posts in the lounge or other often read topics, WHY? You could actually just spam other posts to up your user rating, but it doesn't make any sense to me why they get credit yet the regular posters that keep this forum alive stay at a low post count. Come on Mods, give the lounge dwellers some kind of credit, personally I think they more than deserve it! I know this topic has been touched on before but I think it's time that it's brought up again. I'm sure I've read at LEAST a thousand and one posts from people like "Weemouse" yet she's still listed as 80something posts, come on and give everyone a piece of the cheese!

2. Lounge   -   #2
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster

Read my Stats.....1607 posts(37% of this member's posts) in Lounge and I am not worryed about it.Keep it as is, but if it does change.....5000 Post count here I come.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    Post counts do not mean a thing, sure you can sometimes judge a person by post counts, sort of a barometer if you will, however there are unsrcupulous characters around who will and do SPAM everything when posts count, I just as soon leave it as it is, no count in the LOUNGE as this is the only place to really have a say, we need some un-fettered waters for roaming once in a while, if they counted in the lounge you would see a whole lot of MODDING going on and not for the best.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Fasttracker A
    Very true .
    What is the point of a system based on points,that does not give points
    for doing what others get points for doing the same thing

Did you get that. a equal points system for all

Lets have a vote :

A Ye for those, that posts should be tabulated regardless of forum.

And Ne for those, that dont deserve a post count while in the lounge.

No voting twice,and 51% is required for majority rules.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Fasttracker A
    Originally posted by ShareDaddy@31 May 2003 - 12:19
    Post counts do not mean a thing, sure you can sometimes judge a person by post counts, sort of a barometer if you will, however there are unsrcupulous characters around who will and do SPAM everything when posts count, I just as soon leave it as it is, no count in the LOUNGE as this is the only place to really have a say, we need some un-fettered waters for roaming once in a while, if they counted in the lounge you would see a whole lot of MODDING going on and not for the best.
    Well couldnt someone just spam any other forum ?
    Why yes they could.
    And as for being mods who cares ?.
    And if it is ranking that is an issue make a new one or change the
    prerequisite.

By the way I vote: Ye

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@31 May 2003 - 12:11

Read my Stats.....1607 posts(37% of this member's posts) in Lounge and I am not worryed about it.Keep it as is, but if it does change.....5000 Post count here I come.
    FC!!!

Can you please STOP spanking Smurfin !!!??
    She had enough by now don't you think?

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Fasttracker A
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@31 May 2003 - 12:11

Are you sure thats your post count :1607

Because I could swear it says 2927.

You must mean 1607 in the lounge alone ,correct.

And if so whats wrong with 5000 wouldnt that be accurate ?

Accuarcy isnt a bad thing.Shouldnt credit be given where credit is due ?.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Poster
    I vote in favour - though I really don't understand all the concern about this.
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Mr Hand&#39;s Busy Right Now&#33; So Talk To Mr FOOKIN FINGER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Poster
    Please someone explain your reasoning? Funky and Sharedaddy both, you&#39;re as common as blue is in the sky around these parts, yet I don&#39;t understand your arguments against a post count. Spam is spam, regardless of the topic, by Sharedaddy&#39;s response you are saying the lounge gets less spam B.S. because it doesn&#39;t add to a number, but it is also true that the number of posts gets you nothing here, you get no priority &#39;cause you post more. As far as I go, I give you more respect because I see your name so often and I know you are trustworthy people BECAUSE I see your name so often and read your posts. A newbie doesn&#39;t know who to trust and there is a lot of crap that does get posted here that is nothing but spam OR even worse, bullshit posts that are trying to start flame wars, now I love a war as much as the republicans do, but I also like to know who is worth my time, and generally speaking people that devote a large amount of time to this forum are either A)complete losers with nothing better to do than spam the lounge(or other topics in general) or B)People like you guys that I read on a regular basis and know when I click on your posts that if not informative at least you are normally entertaining. Yes, it&#39;s true that the numbers are arguably meaningless, but who could ignore 5000 posts(personally Funky, I think you&#39;re closer to 15,000 but it just seems that way because I do read almost daily). I don&#39;t want a star I just want to know the regulars.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Posts in the loung should not count. Otherwise we would not be allowed to do this.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast