Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help Namzuf9

namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats@31 May 2003 - 21:07
    oh well theres the newly opened hotel down by the quay in the town, they do lovely meals too there,quite cheap.
    pubs? theres too many there too mention any in particular - a lot of them are small and confortable.

check out the boat rides on the canal in donegal town, take a walk around the diamond.

the hills and peace and quiet is what u go there for really.
    the town has a castle there.
    there are more sights, if you are really interested namzuf i can get more for you, my Dad grew up there so i can let u know

all the places manny mentions are cool.
    especially Dublin - romantic city also.
    galways nice if we're still on ireland.... there are a lot of beautiful places here
    That sounds really good. I love to just wander about places I've never been and taking in all the sights, sounds and smells of unknown surroundings.
    I think a lot of people nowdays overlook the peacefulness of small towns in favour of tourist resorts.
    It sounds like the ideal place to romance with her indoors!

Once again; Thanks you guys.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    TRshady
    Best place you can take her

The best you can get, comfortable, king-size and has storage. Gets my recommendation.
    Be creative and you will be able to transport her anywhere she wants to be .....................

3. Lounge   -   #13
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by TRshady@31 May 2003 - 21:15
    Best place you can take her

The best you can get, comfortable, king-size and has storage. Gets my recommendation.
    Be creative and you will be able to transport her anywhere she wants to be .....................
    LMFAO!! (not often that I make posts like that but screw it, it's the weekend&#33

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Originally posted by namzuf9+31 May 2003 - 21:14--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (namzuf9 @ 31 May 2003 - 21:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--crazy_billy_bats@31 May 2003 - 21:07
    oh well theres the newly opened hotel down by the quay in the town, they do lovely meals too there,quite cheap.
    pubs? theres too many there too mention any in particular - a lot of them are small and confortable.

check out the boat rides on the canal in donegal town, take a walk around the diamond.

there are more sights, if you are really interested namzuf i can get more for you, my Dad grew up there so i can let u know

galways nice if we&#39;re still on ireland.... there are a lot of beautiful places here
    That sounds really good. I love to just wander about places I&#39;ve never been and taking in all the sights, sounds and smells of unknown surroundings.
    I think a lot of people nowdays overlook the peacefulness of small towns in favour of tourist resorts.
    It sounds like the ideal place to romance with her indoors&#33;

Once again; Thanks you guys.[/b][/quote]
    I agree. We never go to tourist resorts or that sort of thing. Our personal favourite place is the west coast of Scotland, between Arisaig and Mallaig.

To be really specific.

Camusdarch Beach. This is where the beach scenes in Local Hero were filmed. Do you remember the helicopter coming in to land.

The Good Lady and I sat there at sunset, it was empty other than us and we drank a bottle of chilled Bolinger. With the view out to Eigg and Rhum.

We then went to a local hotel and had dinner. I will never forget that evening. Heaven on earth.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    You old romantic you&#33;

6. Lounge   -   #16
    TRshady
    Originally posted by namzuf9@31 May 2003 - 21:23
    LMFAO&#33;&#33; (not often that I make posts like that but screw it, it&#39;s the weekend&#33
    Also, don&#39;t be selfish. If things go well and she french kisses big jim, don&#39;t forget she wants something from it too. Personally, I recommend these. There also cheaper then they used to be and should fit the budget.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by PB Montgolfier+31 May 2003 - 21:34--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PB Montgolfier @ 31 May 2003 - 21:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -namzuf9@31 May 2003 - 21:14
    <!--QuoteBegin--crazy_billy_bats
    @31 May 2003 - 21:07

galways nice if we&#39;re still on ireland.... there are a lot of beautiful places here

That sounds really good. I love to just wander about places I&#39;ve never been and taking in all the sights, sounds and smells of unknown surroundings.
    It sounds like the ideal place to romance with her indoors&#33;

Once again; Thanks you guys.
    I agree. We never go to tourist resorts or that sort of thing. Our personal favourite place is the west coast of Scotland, between Arisaig and Mallaig.

To be really specific.

Camusdarch Beach. This is where the beach scenes in Local Hero were filmed. Do you remember the helicopter coming in to land.

The Good Lady and I sat there at sunset, it was empty other than us and we drank a bottle of chilled Bolinger. With the view out to Eigg and Rhum.

We then went to a local hotel and had dinner. I will never forget that evening. Heaven on earth. [/b][/quote]
    That sounds really nice &#33;

I would like to go there.

can i just say one thing? and its not meant to start an argument or anything, i would just like to say that i personally never forget any evening i have had (or will have)with my good lady.

guess im a bit cheesy.

and really, its not meant to start an argument man, just a comment...

8. Lounge   -   #18
    No offence taken mate. It was just a figure of speech. Also bear in mind that I am 76. You remember less when you get to my age.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by PB Montgolfier@31 May 2003 - 21:54
    No offence taken mate. It was just a figure of speech. Also bear in mind that I am 76. You remember less when you get to my age.
    ok my man&#33;&#33;
    oh well its late so im hittin the sack...

im sure you are young at heart and thats what matters i reckon&#33;

sleep well peeps...

wonder what this 28 days later is like....looks creepy at the moment...

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Now, if we&#39;re talking Scottish West Coast, Kyle of Lochalsh is a great base to stay while exploring. The Mace corner shop in the village sells THE best bread I have ever tasted&#33; Although there&#39;s not much to do in Kyle itself for more than an hour or so, the surrounding area is absolutely gorgeous, and plenty to do and take in within a few miles.

From there, you can take mountain walks, try the ferry (not the road bridge) over to Skye, visit the castle (forget the name) where part of Highlander was filmed. Plockton (a few miles away) has the best "seal spotting" boat trips.

Plockton

Glenelg has the most charming candle shop & cafe. Just watch out around there for the nutcase who seems to collect old Reliant cars&#33;

Glenelg Candle Shop/Cafe

The only thing to be careful of is the damned midges&#33;

I guess I&#39;m fond of that place because it&#39;s the place I got engaged when on holiday, so is it special? It worked for me&#33;

Note: It&#39;s also not too much farther north than Mallaig as mentioned earlier, so if you planned on travelling round a bit, do both&#33;

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast