Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help Namzuf9

I have heard through my correspondents that namzuf9 is planning something special for his significant other.

Could the lounge help our chum with some ideas. Details and pictures if possible, however not essential.

I have made a wee suggestion elsewhere myself. Here are some of the details. Amended to make relevant of course.

The Causeway Hotel does not overlook the Giantīs Causeway itself. However it is only a 5 minute walk. The scenery round the area is spectacular. Make sure you eat at the hotel whilst there. Try the mixed grill, it is death by meat. Also make sure you get freshly baked wheaten bread if you do go, like I said the food at the hotel is fabulous. The hospitality is excellent

The Bushmills distillery is only a mile or so away and you can organise a tour, interesting if you like whiskey (with an e - no not ecstacy with drink thatīs just stupid)

Well worth a weekend of good food, excellent scenery and things of interest.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Co. Donegal in the Republic of Ireland has my bet for a bit of quality time together in peace and quiet.
    Donegal town and the surrounding areas have many sights to visit.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Damn you people are to good to me.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Come on people letīs put some effort in

http://www.donegaltown.ie/

Anyone who knows the area (crazy billy) letīs get some personal recommendations - places to eat and places to see. Maybe a wee pub.

Nothing better than a personal recommendation.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats@31 May 2003 - 20:47
    Co. Donegal in the Republic of Ireland has my bet for a bit of quality time together in peace and quiet.
    Donegal town and the surrounding areas have many sights to visit.
    I recently returned to Ireland after some years so Billy's the man to speak to

Donegal is beautiful

Newry Dublin Bellfast Warrenpoint and Limerick were my old haunts as a kid

And I also Came 4th in the all ireland Listol (is that how you spell it?) 1986(sorry its my claim to fame)

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Poster
    You could try the moon. I understand it's very beatiful there with some of the best scenery on the planet ( I mean the planet moon of course ( which aint quite a planet yet and probably never will be). Gawd! Cant quite master these bracket things!

It's not exactly hospitable but it is peaceful and quiet. For entertainment there is the reduced gravity effect type stuff - which I am sure would provide many hours of amusement.

Transport might be a problem as it's pretty expensive for a return ticket and needs to be booked about 10 years in advance.

Alternatively you could try the Greek isle of Zante and whilst you are there visit the beautiful Banana Beach.

Its hot - pretty quiet and beautiful in non moon like ways but just as good if not better - and it' warmer too!
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Mr Hand&#39;s Busy Right Now&#33; So Talk To Mr FOOKIN FINGER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

7. Lounge   -   #7
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Ireland is such a beautiful place. Its such a shame about all the bad press it gets. Thanks for the link PB.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    oh well theres the newly opened hotel down by the quay in the town, they do lovely meals too there,quite cheap.
    pubs? theres too many there too mention any in particular - a lot of them are small and confortable.

check out the boat rides on the canal in donegal town, take a walk around the diamond.

the hills and peace and quiet is what u go there for really.
    the town has a castle there.
    there are more sights, if you are really interested namzuf i can get more for you, my Dad grew up there so i can let u know

all the places manny mentions are cool.
    especially Dublin - romantic city also.
    galways nice if we&#39;re still on ireland.... there are a lot of beautiful places here

9. Lounge   -   #9
    fuzman

I have been in the North on many occassions, never the South. I have never felt in any way intimidated or uncomfortable. However I live in Glasgow so that may explain it.

Seriously it really is just a case of being sensible. e.g. If I spend time in Belfast I either do it with locals or take advice on where I should and shouldnīt go. If anyone were visiting Glasgow, or Newcastle, or Liverpool etc etc they would be well advised to do the same thing.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Originally posted by PB Montgolfier@31 May 2003 - 21:11
    I have been in the North on many occassions, never the South.
    you should check the south out man, it is really very nice.

I would recommend Dublin as your first stop if you want a quality drinking weekend &#33;&#33;

or Donegal as i have said for a quieter one, perhaps with a special someone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast