Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Being Threatened

Hey guys just need your advice on something so i can pass it on to someone else. This guy's father married a woman in another country and all went well. then we he came back a few weeks later he got a call saying the woman he married was devious and that she has killed her previous husband etc. now he decided that he would like to get a divorce and that to do that he needed the marriage certificate which the relatives and the person who had introduced him to her have. now when he said he wanted it and told them that the person called him saying hes devious etc they said no shes alright shes not a bad person etc. He said that he would like the certificate so the divorce can proceed but they threatened him saying OR Else and that they know people here in london so he had better go through the the marriage etc. He lives in london (UK) and she lives in Delhi (India). I was wondering wot could the guy do becasue hes own relatives are not helping him etc.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    go to the police in london and tell them.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    is there anything that could be done before involving the police so that was that guys last resort

4. Lounge   -   #4
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by max-power
    Hey guys just need your advice on something so i can pass it on to someone else

Tell your 'mate' not to go back to India. Problem solved.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by max-power
    Hey guys just need your advice on something so i can pass it on to someone else

yes of course but the problem is they claims they know people in london and that he should "watch out" etc

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    What's the real issue here?

What do they want him to do? What was the purpose of marrying this woman?

How does he know her?

What's really going on?

Until all of these questions are answered, I can't help

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    What's the real issue here?

What do they want him to do? What was the purpose of marrying this woman?

How does he know her?

What's really going on?

Until all of these questions are answered, I can't help
    I think the real issue here is money of course they prob want everything the guys has house etc they want him to accept it and allow her to come to london to live with him the purpose of marrying this woman was to have some companionship cos his wife passed away only known her for about 1 week etc

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Getting the police involved asap is the best option. Firstly, if anything bad happens, you've got some sort of documented there already and sometihng to pursue. Also, the police have dealt with this before, they'd give the best advice. My guess is they'd visit one of the threats and ask his/her story, they'd mention if something hapens to your friend they'll be their 1st visit. They'll deny any knowledge ut get the message that your serious and the police are aware of it.

Get him to keep any conversations/texts/emails etc. You can get restraining orders if it gets OTT.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by max-power View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post

yes of course but the problem is they claims they know people in london and that he should "watch out" etc
    So how is getting a divorce going to save you from teh evil Indians in London.

Just take it with a pinch of salt. They'll probably try to extort money from you soon - when that happens, you'll know it was their plan was all along.

Edit: Yeah, don't give them any money BTW. Just go to the police and report it.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    OK, the way I see it, you have 2 choices.

1). Go to the Police. 'Fess up. get their advice.
    2). Call the A-Team.

Since as far as I can tell, you haven't broken the law (being a big silly idiot is not illegal, yet), and since as far as I can tell, the A-Team no longer exist, I'd suggest option 1.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast