Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Orange Broadband Blocks Torrents?

Arrow

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone here knows anything about orange broadband?

I've just set up in my new place on my laptop (it's got vista premium if that's at all relevant also) and I just can't seem to get my torrents to download.. they just sit there, apparently connected but with nothing happening.

I've tried via opera's built in torrent downloader and via bitlord, both have the same result.

I'm wondering if orange broadband have some sort of block on these downloads, does anyone know (I'm in the UK btw).

I've also been thinking about signing up with a newsgroup instead, I'd be grateful if anyone could give me some advice, i.e. would this solve my problem, what sort of media do they provide (i want movies, music and tv, like most of us i guess), how much are the subscriptions generally, where do I find them, and which would you recommend, that sort of thing really.

I know it's an awfully demanding first post, I'm out of ideas sadly.

Thanks all

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Have you tried using a client with encryption??

Also to find out more info about your isp you can ussually find threads posted via users here... http://www.broadbandreports.com/

As far as newsgroups...
    They ussually provide files from most cats you can think of.
    Theres a few good ones to chose from listed on the home page here.
    Youll also see some advertised in the advertisements section on the site.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    That's great, thanks, I'll check that out, see if anyone else is having similar problems with orange.

Since the first part left me with a question mark over my head, I'm pretty sure the answer is now, I've not tried using a client with encryption,

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Some ISPs that dont like users doing p2p block the clients from working. On most of these isps if you turn the encryption on they cant detect what your doing. A few have started being able to detect and stop you from using torrents even with encryption on... but not many are that advanced yet. Just a few. I have never even heard of orange before so dont even want to take a guess as to if they do or not. GL with figuring it out.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Ah right okay, I follow ya.

I can't see much on bitlord for encryption... ip filter and enabled ICH whatever that means... there's nothing else that i can see that might be useful... I'm not sure opera will have that facility either... do you know of any clients that do?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Utorrent and AZ are the ones I would recomment. Both have encryption. Im not sure if any others do. I ussually stick to utorrent myself.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by webgirly View Post
    Hi!

I was wondering if anyone here knows anything about orange broadband?

I've just set up in my new place on my laptop (it's got vista premium if that's at all relevant also) and I just can't seem to get my torrents to download.. they just sit there, apparently connected but with nothing happening.

I've tried via opera's built in torrent downloader and via bitlord, both have the same result.

I'm wondering if orange broadband have some sort of block on these downloads, does anyone know (I'm in the UK btw).

I've also been thinking about signing up with a newsgroup instead, I'd be grateful if anyone could give me some advice, i.e. would this solve my problem, what sort of media do they provide (i want movies, music and tv, like most of us i guess), how much are the subscriptions generally, where do I find them, and which would you recommend, that sort of thing really.

I know it's an awfully demanding first post, I'm out of ideas sadly.

Thanks all
    Did you get a LiveBox?

If so, you need to forward ports in it.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    yes i did indeed...

the second line i'm not so sure of... do i do that in the configuration pages of the livebox?

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by webgirly View Post
    yes i did indeed...

the second line i'm not so sure of... do i do that in the configuration pages of the livebox?
    Full instructions at portforward.com(think this is the right one)
    http://portforward.com/english/route...acudaDrive.htm

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    As far as i know they have a fair usage policy which states that bittorrent traffic will be banned at peak hours.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast