Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Strategies for Ratio

Poster BT Rep: +3
    Find files that are going to be downloaded A LOT over a long time. Example a Pink Floyd discography. Download the most well known albums and let it seed forever. Did this with the 24 seasons on TL. Only downloaded 100mb of one and seeded back over a few gigs in a week or so. Downloaded only 1 piece from another and already seeded 360+mb's in under a week. It's not something that alone will max out your connection, but if you find say 3 or so of these types of files and just leave them running permanently you can do some serious uploading on a slow connection. Plus if you just find 1-2 popular tv epps when they are released then you can usually do pretty well.

Take advantage of free leech and ratio boosters. Devote your bulk bandwidth to these sites.

<-

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    yeah yeah - sure, then you download your favorite DVD film and whoooops - back to square one again because ratio is also about bytes. if you seed 360mB in one week, then download a 4Gb or even 8Gb double DVD, it will eat up that crap in 5 minutes.

UK
    Last edited by UKMan; 04-13-2007 at 03:35 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Depends on what tracker your using. You have to be selective in what you download. If you can find a release on a easy tracker (TL and the like) download it from there. Only download rare files you can't find anywhere else on hard to seed trackers. Another really good method is to download 1 complete tv episode that is hosted on multiple trackers. Download it and seed it on all the trackers. Then you aren't even using your download credits to seed it. It's not impossible. It just takes a little time and effort.

<-

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    ChotaZorro's Avatar Arsenal Fan BT Rep: +1
    I need tips in maintaining a good ratio in Oink. Every torrent I download there I seed but it doesn't upload because there are already many seeders even the new ones. Help!

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Fibo's Avatar - Keep Walking - BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    On OINK I used: The DL 1 part of a file and seed that Method.

Work for me. Was a PU in no time.

Of course I donated before so i got to see the TOP 10 Chart, i think it will be kind of hard to know what Torrents to pick if you didn't have that.

But still you should just go w/your instinct and DL a good file(ONE Part) then seed that. Dont forget to give it you full bandwidth. If you have slow UL speeds, and are seeding alot of torrents then you should cut down for a bit.

Hope in helps.
    Fibo
    Its been awhile but I'm back... well sort of.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo0ddha View Post
    Depends on what tracker your using. You have to be selective in what you download. If you can find a release on a easy tracker (TL and the like) download it from there. Only download rare files you can't find anywhere else on hard to seed trackers. Another really good method is to download 1 complete tv episode that is hosted on multiple trackers. Download it and seed it on all the trackers. Then you aren't even using your download credits to seed it. It's not impossible. It just takes a little time and effort.
    I understand you bro - but at the end of the day its all about bytes - nothing else. If you upload to 5 trackers, you cannot upload more than what your bandwidth allows anyway, someone with a good DL bandwidth will take whatever from others - BUT ratio is not just what you upload, its also DL - so when you want a good film, you have to upload equal bytes to maintain that ratio - no matter WHAT film/music file/image or whatever you have uploaded before.

The only TRUE way to get GOOD ratio is to buy credits - you cannot cheat the system really - if you have a ratio of 15.0 - that means crap if all you are talking about is seeding a music file - you will have to seed that file for a whole week before you can even start downloading a good DVD-R.

UK

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    I need suggestions on picking files to upload on bitmetv. I just got an account and its sooo important to me to get it going.

I did not try to pick shows I liked, I picked 1 show that looked like it had a lot of leechers, but at .4 the peers were gone or became seeders. No more uploading. So I tried waiting until a popular TV show came out last night. I started about 20 minutes after it was released and it had loads more peers than seeders. It also didnt download more than .2 because all the leechers turned into seeders before it could even reseed itself.

I've worked so hard to get this account and I'm open to any suggerstions at all in how to get out of this hole. Obviously, I'll have to keep these two torrents open until I can find one that'll get me out of the hole, so I really want to pick a winner for my third one.

Since there's no .rar files, I can't download just a part. You can't upload until you have already uploaded 5 gigs.
    My upload speeds are slow (like 13 or 14)

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by torentcouple; 04-16-2007 at 02:09 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    Quote Originally Posted by torentcouple View Post
    I need suggestions on picking files to upload on bitmetv. I just got an account and its sooo important to me to get it going.

I did not try to pick shows I liked, I picked 1 show that looked like it had a lot of leechers, but at .4 the peers were gone or became seeders. No more uploading. So I tried waiting until a popular TV show came out last night. I started about 20 minutes after it was released and it had loads more peers than seeders. It also didnt download more than .2 because all the leechers turned into seeders before it could even reseed itself.

I've worked so hard to get this account and I'm open to any suggerstions at all in how to get out of this hole. Obviously, I'll have to keep these two torrents open until I can find one that'll get me out of the hole, so I really want to pick a winner for my third one.

Since there's no .rar files, I can't download just a part. You can't upload until you have already uploaded 5 gigs.
    My upload speeds are slow (like 13 or 14)

Any suggestions?
    I have more or less the same problem.

Most of the time I try to get as many shows in my downloadlist as possible, and I don't finish them, but stop at like 20-50% and then seed until I have like a ratio of 1.5

Worked quite well till now.

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Are they other site than backcats-games that have a seed point system in case there is no leecher for something you seed?

It's a pretty good mod, with it you can have a 100% ratio for something that has 0 leecher after a couple of days or less depending of the size of the file

haven't found anything similar for the moment

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    There are several sites that have seed bonus points that will assist users with thier ratios. There are also a few sites that have it to only count 1/3 of your download counts and that can also help you keep good ratios. Bottom line is that allot of the higher trackers have a large amount of seedbox users, so you just have to keep an eye out for large packs that you can download a part of or be selective and keep hitting the hot torrents as quick as possible.
    I haven't taken a beating like that since I opened my first issue of Hustler!
    The World is a Sick Place and I'm a Happy Guy!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast