Thread: Donnie Darko

Can someone explain the ending to me.. I am really confused.. Was he just sleeping the whole time??

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    What a crazy film, didn't think he was dreaming though......I'm still wondering just wtf, actually was going on.......bit of a mind-f*ck, I thought he was awake...just a mad film that makes your head hurt!

Not a bad 1980's kinda soundtrack...to accompany it..

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    It was the time travel thing but with a different conclution than the first time. The whole movie makes my head hurt so bad just thinking about it. The plane that his mom and sister were on in the end is the same plane that the engine that crashed into his room at the begining. Only the engine went back in time while the plane stayed in it's own time.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Oh ok so now I get it, he chose to travel back to that one day so he could change things to the way he wanted and thats why he was all smiling and laughin in his bed, right? But I guess he did not realize that that was the same day that the engine came through his room.. Trippy movie..

EDIT: But also, at the end of the film.. It showed ALL of the main significant characters WAKE UP when Donnie did and they looked as if they were in shock because of what tehy just saw or witnessed in their dreams.. I think this must mean him and all of the people connected to the story were dreaming then

EDITT: and it showed frank even touch his eye.. So Frank must of been dreaming, thus Donnie had to of been dreaming, but shit this is so confusing.. I totally loved the movie though

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    This is a very hard movie to understand....
    The way i see it, at the end, Donnie knew he was dieing to save the world, which is why he was laughing. I heard that one of the deleted scenes showed Donnie on a cross, comparing him to Jesus...

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Originally posted by carbert@1 June 2003 - 08:55
    The way i see it, at the end, Donnie knew he was dieing to save the world, which is why he was laughing. I heard that one of the deleted scenes showed Donnie on a cross, comparing him to Jesus...
    Yeh, that sort of makes sense, but DAMN.. I would so not be lauging if I realized I was about to die. I would like fuckin shit myself.lol

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Originally posted by sk8punk151+1 June 2003 - 08:57--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sk8punk151 @ 1 June 2003 - 08:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--carbert@1 June 2003 - 08:55
    The way i see it, at the end, Donnie knew he was dieing to save the world, which is why he was laughing. I heard that one of the deleted scenes showed Donnie on a cross, comparing him to Jesus... &nbsp; &nbsp;
    Yeh, that sort of makes sense, but DAMN.. I would so not be lauging if I realized I was about to die. I would like fuckin shit myself.lol [/b][/quote]
    lol me too..but remember..Donnie is one fucked up kid