Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the big diffrence between public & private trackers

STAGUY's Avatar Pizza Lover BT Rep: +3

Question Mark

Have you ever used a public tracker before and noticed how your download speed goes some times below 10 Kbps or even worse, i guess we all did that but why always public trackers are that slow and can't beat private trackers even with such big waves of seeders those public trackers hold!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Cause private trackers ussually enforce users to seed a file 1:1 where on public ones the user completes the file and bails... they ussually say who cares I got the file ... I dont care if nobody else gets it.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I'm thinking because those "big wave of seeders" in public trackers cap their upload speed to a very few kb/s. And theres nothing that can stop them from doing that since theres noone to enforce them to achieve a good ratio. Of course, this is just my speculation.

Add the fact that there's also tons of leechers that have to share that minuscule upload speed by the seeders and you get yourself a very slow download.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    desiKing's Avatar ☆☆KING☆☆ BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Public trackers...nobody to modorate the torrents files for virus, damage files etc...in private we don't have to worry about virus etc.
    also Public trackers...too slow, for downloading. even thou they have greater number of seeders. where as private tracker downloding speed it ultra fast.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    loves the torrents BT Rep: +5
    public trackers - have known RIAA/MPAA fake torrents on sites,those could be connected to that ring of seeders,i dunno what kind of speeds they give but you never know..

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    znik's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    public trackers have awful speed due to upload caping.
    They have better variety in some cases though than small private trackers.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    assafush's Avatar Chaos.... BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    1. private trackers are much faster than public
    2. public files might have virus or fake files.
    3. public sucks....

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by assafush View Post
    1. private trackers are much faster than public
    2. public files might have virus or fake files.
    3. public sucks....
    if nobody is keeping track like the public torrent sites there is little incentive to seed

Quote Originally Posted by name in use View Post
    public trackers - have known RIAA/MPAA fake torrents on sites,those could be connected to that ring of seeders,i dunno what kind of speeds they give but you never know..

public can have fakes, virus', etc............stick to the private trackers and even then be aware of what you are downloading
    Last edited by frankr66; 04-04-2007 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    StevenVD's Avatar Power User BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    speed
    "Normal" is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work, driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for, in order to get to the job that you need so you can pay for the clothes, car, and the house that you leave empty all day in order to afford to live in it.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    torrents suck, newsgroups rule (I know itskinda weird coming from someone called torrentguy lol)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast