Thread: Bt ?

if you are with the ISP BT is the connection capped for the majority of the day and night?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    QstorM's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Who's your ISP?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    BT yahoo, i have a 2mb connection, but my downloads have stayed around 10KB/s all day, last night and this morning they were maxing out at abt 180KB/s.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Private tracker or public? Encryption enabled or not?
    I haven't taken a beating like that since I opened my first issue of Hustler!
    The World is a Sick Place and I'm a Happy Guy!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    one is private other is public but they wont go over a speed of 15KB/s overall :S and im not sure about the encryption i tried everythign iv seen on the net but nothing has worked and i dont have a router, and i have configured zone alarm nd it was all working before, and i read somewhere that BT cap download speeds during the day, but im not sure if tat is true or not.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    could be just bad trackers with people capping their upload. Or you could be limited by the amount of people on the net in your neighborhood. It can bog down your speeds.
    I haven't taken a beating like that since I opened my first issue of Hustler!
    The World is a Sick Place and I'm a Happy Guy!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    oh rite, but all day bad speeds of 10KB/s? i was on about 180KB/s in the morning and last night but it just suddenly changed. does anyone know if BT yahoo cap thier download speed?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    QstorM's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Is ur BT Yahoo a dsl subscription? if so my guess is your downloading files from people with poor upload speed or they capped as SHUVT suggested. And when you downloaded at 180KB/s you were probably connected to peers with good upload speeds and probably disconnected when they reached 1:1 ratio. Join a good private tracker and maybe u will reach your max connection. Personally I've never heard of a dsl ISP capping because your connection is automatically capped at what package u subscribed too.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    i am usuing a private tracker im not reaching more than 20KB/s on it anymore from what was before 150KB/s+. and i read somewhere that BT cap their downloads :S so im confused and dont know how to find out if it is or not.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Have you tried downloading anything non torrent?
    Like off downloads.com for example...
    If you download a regular web file check the speeds. Then you should have an idea if its the line in particular or if its just something that needs more looking into on the torrent side of things.