Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Screw You Fake File Poser Dickheads!

I'm complaining because my computer wasted a few hundered hours! People in the verified hashes board pointed me to the file to download, and it doesn't work! Why can't I vent a little? I mean I am trying to figure out if there is a way to view it, I am not trying to get judged by people like you....besides why are you on KazaaLite? To download free stuff right? So don't tell to go buy it, because I'm real sure you buy anything.....

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    I cant say that I like fake or renamed files either but consider this:
    A few weeks ago I downloaded a movie that had been renamed. As soon as I realized this I went to the "my kazaa lite" screen and deleted it from my drive...or so i thought. Usually this will delete a file from your computer, but in this case it only removed it form the list. After that I was also unable to delete it from the actual folder it was in, even after countless reboots, system scans, disk scans, defrags, etc...as well I was unable to edit any information to let people know it was a bad file.
    Needless to say I ended up serving this file unwillingly for about 3 weeks until I figured out that I could yank it out with Norton Wipe Info.
    Does that make me as bad as other people serving bad files? Has anyone considered that maybe most people arent as computer literate as many of us here and are having similar problems? I know people that download from P2P all day, yet have no clue how to do even a simple thing like defragment their hard drive, or even why they should.
    Before we go writing every one of these people off as lamers, we should realize that not all of them understand the sheer basics of operating and maintaining a computer, programs and files in the first place. And before anyone says anything like "then they shouldnt be downloading", remember that these are the same people that make a huge portion of P2P users. So we can either live with it or try to inform the uniformed. complaining does nothing for anyone.

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Exactly! I am not the computer nerd I would like to be, but I am learning...I'm sure there are lots of people out there sharing fakes acciedently just like you suggest. Great point!

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    my theory is that after the initial person changes the file info, a lot of the fake sharing is done by accident because a lot of people only know how to correct the file name, but they don't know how to fix the kazaa file description.

for example, someone downloads a file called ScaryMovie.avi, but the kazaa file description says it is X-Men 2. the file turns out to be Scary Movie, and that's the movie the person actually wanted, so they leave it in their Shared Folder in case anybody wants to DL Scary Movie from them. but because they don't know how to change the file description, or they might not even know that they are sharing files with incorrect descriptions, they are unwittingly contributing to the fake search results.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Right, I just right click on the file in my shared folder and edit the details, but you also have to change the filename in Windows Explorer.

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    I might be adding to this as well. I had to un/re-install Kaaa Lite and I can't see the original file names. When I looked at them in My Kazaa Lite all of my downloads had the same filename and title. It seems to have copied the filenames to make titles. All downloads since then are fine.

Initially I thought OK, title = filename, no confusion/ fakes there.

Now I'm thinking that I don't know what others are seeing on their search when my files come up. If they see what I do that's OK, maybe one of you can tell me if there's any chance that they're seeng the original, possibly fake, titles?

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Poster
    Well I must tell you that i know that some people rename for fun. Most fake files are accidental. However there is one other group of fakes. The people who make movies and are in that business. Also for software, Microsoft. They buy a computer and fill it with fakes and put them on the p2p network. This is obviously to get people frustrated and then think is it worth using kazaa if all you get is fakes?
    All I can say is that people should stop complaining and also to help we should consider opening a fake section in movieworld. This would be like a verifieds but its Fake Verifieds. People could post the files for new movies that they have found were fake i.e. the file name, title, length and size. I think its a good idea i hope the board managers see this...
    I think everyone would agree it could save time. Especially for the poor 56kers

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Avi Preview.

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    not all movies work in the avi preview...and besides, you cant preview software. I think its a great idea. Also, avi preview could take hours for someone on 56k.

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    Originally posted by JaVnI@1 June 2003 - 17:18
    Well I must tell you that i know that some people rename for fun. Most fake files are accidental. However there is one other group of fakes. The people who make movies and are in that business. Also for software, Microsoft. They buy a computer and fill it with fakes and put them on the p2p network. This is obviously to get people frustrated and then think is it worth using kazaa if all you get is fakes?
    All I can say is that people should stop complaining and also to help we should consider opening a fake section in movieworld. This would be like a verifieds but its Fake Verifieds. People could post the files for new movies that they have found were fake i.e. the file name, title, length and size. I think its a good idea i hope the board managers see this...
    I think everyone would agree it could save time. Especially for the poor 56kers
    excellent, excellent idea!!! That's the best idea I've heard yet to handle fakes and I think it would truly help! I hope the right people get to read your post.

Just to settle this 'stop complaining' business, I don't see why people have such a big problem with others complaining about fakes.... it IS a pain (especially w/ a 56K), and if you don't know what you're doing and dl a bunch of fakes, sometimes wasting DAYS of your time, you are BOUND to be upset! To everyone who says "STOP COMPLAINING", why don't you just stop telling people to stop complaining? Everyone who has to deal with the enormous magnitude of fakes on Kazaa have every right to be upset and to complain. So, I tell all of you....if people's complaints are bothering you on the forum....IGNORE them, don't go into those topics, and why bother telling people to stop complaining? ONCE AND FOR ALL, STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT PEOPLE COMPLAINING! I choose to tell you 'stop complaining' people to "STOP COMPLAINING", we're tired of hearing you complain about people complaining! Believe me, THAT is getting just as old as the complaints themselves.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast