Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fighting mars Man Utd's Rome trip

thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thewizeard View Post
    This is just another example of the "halo effect." In actual fact Man Utd are fekking useless; the opposing teams, are often actually playing against what they think, they (Man Utd.) used to play like and not how they actually do play. This is all part of Man Unt. campaign of disinformation. Rome saw this "chink" in their halo, that's all, no big deal.
    I've never seen anyone spend so much time and effort saying so much of no actual content or consequence whatsoever.

Then you will need lots of patience, I am just warming up and feeling verbose of mood today.

If it were Ajax, things would have been a lot different.

* and anyways... The crane does not need show itself on a high hill. It may be quite hidden when it makes it call; yet it's young will hear the note, will recognise it and give answer...
    Last edited by thewizeard; 04-05-2007 at 10:03 AM.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Chip Monk's Avatar Darth Monk Like.
    As I understand it these aren't normal Italian Policemen in riot gear, like our chaps do if required. They are just mental bastards who do that for a living. That could be pish tho' it's just summat I heard like

They are, in fact a big, well organised, well equiped gang. Looking for a fight. They don't actually subdue people, they give them a right good beating when they are down. You saw that last night. One chap who was down must have got clubbed at least another 12-15 times. That's a doing, not crowd control.

Having said that, you could sort of see it coming. Especially when a few of your chaps decided to rush the opposition crowd who were taunting them. The Italians just wade in then. They don't really give a feck who they are cluubbing. They see everyone in your crowd as fair game.

There was a depressing inevitability about the whole thing.
    You do not need to see my I.D.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by thewizeard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    I've never seen anyone spend so much time and effort saying so much of no actual content or consequence whatsoever.

Then you will need lots of patience, I am just warming up and feeling verbose of mood today.

If it were Ajax, things would have been a lot different.
    Indeed, the Dutch support are well known for their good behaviour when travelling.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip Monk View Post
    As I understand it these aren't normal Italian Policemen in riot gear, like our chaps do if required. They are just mental bastards who do that for a living. That could be pish tho' it's just summat I heard like

They are, in fact a big, well organised, well equiped gang. Looking for a fight. They don't actually subdue people, they give them a right good beating when they are down. You saw that last night. One chap who was down must have got clubbed at least another 12-15 times. That's a doing, not crowd control.

Having said that, you could sort of see it coming. Especially when a few of your chaps decided to rush the opposition crowd who were taunting them. The Italians just wade in then. They don't really give a feck who they are cluubbing. They see everyone in your crowd as fair game.

There was a depressing inevitability about the whole thing.
    I hadn't heard that they weren't proper police - but the evidence last night certainly suggests what you say. In addition to that one chap getting clubbed senseless while he was on the floor, another put both his hands in the air, palms open and facing toward the riot mentalist as if to say, 'Alright, I've had enough' - only to be clubbed several more times.

The United fans just weren't expecting such a reaction from them. If we get thro' and face Milan, I don't think our away fans will be charging at the home fans if we go a goal down.

To send a message to all visiting fans was probably the object of the exercise. The means of doing so did leave a nasty taste, however. Not to mention the physical damage to the blokes on the receiving end.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    I think we probably went (Milan) when they were on best behaviour.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    I apologise... more an Arsenal supporter, personally

I think they played brilliantly for 10 men with 10 legs!! f******* Ref ... is it acceptable to use the more correct terminology, "fucking"referee?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12