Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Religion & signatures...

Cheese's Avatar Poster
    I find those generic user bars that all the Bittorrenters have to be quite offensive myself.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    I find flames offensive also. Can someone light Barbarossa's beard and slap a smile around his face please?

I like Cheese's turtlehead. Warm and inviting.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    I'm not here to talk about filesharing whatsoever but if a signature offends you, by all means report the user in the report section but the chap is only exercising his interweb right to free speech and there is an option for you to put him on ignore if the statement truly makes for uncomfortable reading.

I, myself, am tempted to report the user for flagrant use of two languages in a single statement.

How rude.
    shouldn't it be "israel to hell" or sth?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    type it in google

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Gornar's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    If you are not offended then why have you brought this up? If other people are offended then I'm sure they can speak up for themselves.
    I brought this up because I don't like the religious crap I've seen in signatures, and I wanted to discuss that, what people thought about it.

And I'm not easily offended, if someone had an avatar with a swatsika or even 10 year old girl getting raped, I don't think I would be offended.
    But I would still report it, as I feel other might be offended, and might create a "bad feeling" (I'm lacking the proper word there) for the users browing the forums.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Gornar View Post
    I brought this up because I don't like the religious crap I've seen in signatures, and I wanted to discuss that, what people thought about it.
    And I'm not easily offended, if someone had an avatar with a swatsika or even 10 year old girl getting raped WTF, I don't think I would be offended.
    But I would still report it, as I feel other might be offended, and might create a "bad feeling" (I'm lacking the proper word there) for the users browing the forums.
    To be honest, if you are not the one offended, than you are basically acting as forum cop. That is the mods job.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Religion would be on a long list of things people don't want to see as signatures. Its a case of let them all in (and cut off the real bad ones) or ban them all. I think they are a waste of space. Especally the big ones that cover most of the page.

Barbarossa...for your pic, i was thinking you can keep the beard. Just get a smiley person. Such as Father Christmas, Captain Birdseye, one of the SIX bearded Dwarves.

Beards aren't scary. My ex's mother had one, and a skin-head. She said it was a genetic thing, so i finished her the second i found loose hairs during the daily comb inspection.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    And I'm not easily offended, if someone had an avatar ... 10 year old girl getting raped, I don't think I would be offended.
    I would, I can't imagine the type of person who wouldn't be offended by that.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Gornar's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    I'm not easily offended, that's all. Indeed that's sick, wrong,... and I woudn't want to see that. Although I wouldn't say that would really offend me.

But, you guys aren't offended that someone can "promote" the death of an entire nation in his signature (that's what the banner means, yes)?

Genocide is fine maybe?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    I'm not easily offended, that's all. Indeed that's sick, wrong,... and I woudn't want to see that. Although I wouldn't say that would really offend me.

But, you guys aren't offended that someone can "promote" the death of an entire nation in his signature (that's what the banner means, yes)?

Genocide is fine maybe?
    You're not offended by the swatsika, but you're offended by genocide?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast