Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mathematical review of buffer theory

monk3y's Avatar Pirate's Life for me BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    omg what the f*ck is going on ?
    i don't understand what's the point of all this reading m8
    i hope at least u had fun writing it
    cheers

Do not pm me requesting for invites as i have none to spare
    Signature & Avatar Rules

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by donners View Post
    I for one applaud your efforts In practice, SB is really completely irrelevant, as a 1:1 ratio has only cosmetic value most of the time, and the important figures are, as you say, MB and PUB. There is definitely a case for encouraging the use of these figures in trades. Now how about formulating a relationship between buffers and invite value to standardize what a certain buffer is worth on a tracker at a certain level? That's your next challenge
    I salute you my friend, you seem to understand my theory better than I do
    You made my day

but

Now how about formulating a relationship between buffers and invite value to standardize what a certain buffer is worth on a tracker at a certain level?
    now that I need some time to figure out what it means

oh I get it, well, buffer value depends on difficulty of seeding and that's a whole new area of research, I will think about it the next time I'm bored. lol
    Last edited by prima1; 04-05-2007 at 05:02 PM.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by prima1 View Post
    oh I get it, well, buffer value depends on difficulty of seeding and that's a whole new area of research, I will think about it the next time I'm bored. lol
    Yea the idea is to decide how big of a buffer you need on a level 3 tracker to make it equivalent in value to an invite to a level 4 tracker.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #14
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    i hate math

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #15
    SkullForce's Avatar Donga Bonga BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by prima1 View Post

damn, i took the night one this morning

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #16
    X's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    lol... i didn't even bother reading after i saw... bunch of derivations ... nething usefull in that mess???
    >< marks the spot

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    lol... i didn't even bother reading after i saw... bunch of derivations ... nething usefull in that mess???
    Very useful in fact. Looks like myself and prima are up against it here I'll put it as simply as I can. Currently people advertise buffers as how many GB can be downloaded before you reach a ratio of 1. However, this is not actually important in practice. What IS important is 2 things, each of which will vary from tracker to tracker: How much can I download before receiving a warning on my account? (typically a ratio between 0.5 and 1) How much can I download before I lose my Power User status? These are more useful figures to someone considering trading.
    Last edited by Art Vandelay; 04-05-2007 at 09:09 PM.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #18
    magicrabbit's Avatar Totally Salad BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I get the formulas, not what you said though

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12