Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bodybuilder chest problems

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

Actually the rest of his body is probably likes he wants it. If you attained huge arms through bodybuilding but have a bird chest, I doubt you'd want to tone down your workout on your arms so much that you lose what you built.

You just increase the load on your chest.
    Aight, my bad then. Didn't think it could be interpreted quite like that.

But even so, catching up should be faster if he went with lighter weights for the rest of his body for a bit, like what I said he could The question is what's more important, building more muscles or achieving symmetry
    Not having symmetry would be if he had one arm bigger than the other or one pec bigger than the other.

Also based on what he said, he would have to have arms with very little definition to achieve this "symmetry" that you speak.

2. Sports Club   -   #22
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    That's symmetry, apparently, having those proportions.

And I'm talking about catching up, not going backwards

3. Sports Club   -   #23

....according the website, you mean.

You will go backwards by not maintaining the workout you've been doing.

Saying he should lessen his weights didn't sound right to me.

He should actually stay on the same weights and not increase them for the other muscle groups if anything.

For instance, I been using 25 pounds for my triceps kickbacks for awhile now. I shouldn't increase my weight even one pound but I should definitely stay at that weight. I would not decrease to 20 (or 15) to build up my chest more.

However, I did forget to mention that he should do chest and arms on separate days.

Working out one tires the other.

Having strong arms helps work the chest more. For instance, because my arms are stronger I am able to do more push-ups.

Separate days on those workouts isolate the muscles better.

I do arms and legs on the same day since they nothing to do with each other.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 04-07-2007 at 03:35 PM.

4. Sports Club   -   #24

According to charts you can find at gyms as well, and according to the standard for people who compete in the sport, AFAIK.

But it's been a while, so I may have the numbers wrong.

The site says this as well:

Keep in mind that these numbers are figured out for avid male bodybuilders and may have to be adjusted if you are a woman or if you wish to maintain a different bodytype than the ripped, proportioned bodybuilders.
    But those numbers apply to the last body-type. I figured it'd help to have a common frame of reference. And that's what is the standard for males in the sport. That way he can determine if he's officially too weak in the chest-area, like.

Saying he shouldn't lessen his weights didn't sound right to me.
    If he goes with lighter weights, he'll still keep the muscles toned, but he won't be adding to his overall muscle-mass (EDit: as much as he would with heavier weights, that is, a small gain is probably unavoidable if he wants to maintain what he already has), he won't be going backwards, again AFAIK. But that depends on how much he lightens the load, obviously, if he cuts down on it too much, he will be going backwards.

He should actually stay on the same weights and not increase them for the other muscle groups if anything.

For instance, I been using 25 pounds for my triceps kickbacks for awhile now. I shouldn't increase my weight even one pound but I should definitely stay at that weight. I would not decrease to 20 (or 15) to build up my chest more.
    That may well be better depending on how fast he wants to catch up and that. And, as I said, this isn't my area of expertise, so I could be off on how much one gains by lightening the weights. I haven't even tried it myself, I've only heard others talk about doing it.

It's been a long time since I had anything to do with owt of this sort, and even then it was just a means to a different end, ie to build up my strength so I'd be better at another sport.

If you reckon you know what you are talking about, then the guy should listen to you more than I.
    Last edited by Snee; 04-07-2007 at 03:36 PM.

5. Sports Club   -   #25

According to charts you can find at gyms as well, and according to the standard for people who compete in the sport, AFAIK.

But it's been a while, so I may have the numbers wrong.

The site says this as well:

Keep in mind that these numbers are figured out for avid male bodybuilders and may have to be adjusted if you are a woman or if you wish to maintain a different bodytype than the ripped, proportioned bodybuilders.
    But those numbers apply to the last body-type. I figured it'd help to have a common frame of reference. And that's what is the standard for males in the sport. That way he can determine if he's officially too weak in the chest-area, like.

Saying he shouldn't lessen his weights didn't sound right to me.
    If he goes with lighter weights, he'll still keep the muscles toned, but he won't be adding to his overall muscle-mass, he won't be going backwards, again AFAIK. But that depends on how much he lightens the load, obviously, if he cuts down on it too much, he will be going backwards.

That may well be better depending on how fast he wants to catch up and that. And, as I said, this isn't my area of expertise, so I could be off on how much one gains by lightening the weights. I haven't even tried it myself, I've only heard others talk about doing it.

It's been a long time since I had anything to do with owt of this sort, and even then it was just a means to a different end, ie to build up my strength so I'd be better at another sport.

If you reckon you know what you are talking about, then the guy should listen to you more than I.
    Yeah many times a bodybuilders will have bigger shoulders or arms than the rest of his body and that will stand out and impress.

I'm not saying that having a bird along with ripped everything else is good by any stretch.

I'm saying you don't significantly reduce your workout in other areas to play catch-up. It's obvious that his is not naturally geared to having mass or he is not properly isolating it.

For example, I can lay off working out for a bit and go "softer" but start to look ripped and bigger and 2 weeks time. Another example is that it has never been natural for me to have a bird chest in the first place. For him, it's probably the way he is so it's going to be harder for him to put muscle mass there.

6. Sports Club   -   #26
    I'm saying you don't significantly reduce your workout in other areas to play catch-up. It's obvious that his is not naturally geared to having mass or he is not properly isolating it.
    Fair enough. damet, take heed of that.

If you were thinking of following my advice, be sure to keep the above in mind. Don't go too far on reducing the resistance on what you work with, if you decide to try it at all.

7. Sports Club   -   #27
    BANNED BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65

However, I did forget to mention that he should do chest and arms on separate days.

Having strong arms helps work the chest more. For instance, because my arms are stronger I am able to do more push-ups.

iam at ur side in just one part arms is important yea but its not every thing its not the whole body if ihave big arms this is not mean ihave so big wide chest or big shoulder arms will help me to do more raps maybe but iam sure u saw guys with so tiny arms but thay have big chest arms its just one part u need to rise the rest but its good point u add

If you were thinking of following my advice, be sure to keep the above in mind. Don't go too far on reducing the resistance on what you work with, if you decide to try it at all.
    itought its not ur area as u said before u seem to me like pro lol thanx for advice mate
    Last edited by supper; 04-07-2007 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. Sports Club   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by damet27 View Post

iam at ur side in just one part arms is important yea but its not every thing its not the whole body if ihave big arms this is not mean ihave so big wide chest or big shoulder arms will help me to do more raps maybe but iam sure u saw guys with so tiny arms but thay have big chest arms its just one part u need to rise the rest but its good point u add

itought its not ur area as u said before u seem to me like pro lol thanx for advice mate
    Yeah Snee/SnnY is a smart bloke.

As far as my advice, I am a pretty proportioned muscle-wise and advised folks I know to successful workout regimens.

You have 3 body types

Endomorph - basically fat
    Ectomorph - skinny
    Mesomorph - muscular

A mesomorph is naturally muscular. Many times it is hard for an ectomorph to gain mass but they tone really easy.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 04-07-2007 at 06:44 PM.

9. Sports Club   -   #29
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    Sorry o be a little off topic, but going to another area of the body -

What would be the best way to tone and get my abs looking good? I mean, literally the whole of my upper and lower body is strong, and looks a'ight.. It's the abs I am totally unsatisfied with, as I look quite fattish just in that area. I IS genetic, as my dad has this belly thing at the lower part of the abs and so do I.. and no matter how hard I work on the lower abs it simply doesn't give..

What should I do?

10. Sports Club   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala View Post
    Sorry o be a little off topic, but going to another area of the body -

What would be the best way to tone and get my abs looking good? I mean, literally the whole of my upper and lower body is strong, and looks a'ight.. It's the abs I am totally unsatisfied with, as I look quite fattish just in that area. I IS genetic, as my dad has this belly thing at the lower part of the abs and so do I.. and no matter how hard I work on the lower abs it simply doesn't give..

What should I do?
    You can't quite say that's genetic.

I see skinny folks that have guts.

The problem with abs is that it's the most underused part of the body.
    Couple that not eating right and there ya go....da gut.

This is why I work abs EVERYDAY. Think about it. In a normal day one may walk around a lot, and/or maybe pick up heavy items.

Where do abs come in? You use them in conjunction with your back for balance and such but not that much.

Lay on your back, stick your hands underneath your couch then lift your legs straight up so they are perpendicular to the floor then back down (but not touching the floor).

Start by doing three sets of 20 everyday (or whatever's comfortable).

A variation is to have someone stand overhead and when your toes are about to reach their face, they push your legs back down.

Remember to not let your legs or feet touch the floor.

The exercise is supposed to be a constant grind on your abs.
    Get it in your head that you are going to be in pain.

This will work the entire middle of your abs.

For your obliques, lay on your back and turn your legs to your left side with knees bent.

Hands behind your head, right elbow facing your right hip

Now lift in short motions toward that right hip.

Repeat for the other side.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 04-07-2007 at 08:10 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast