Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ScT went pay2leech and pay4invite today

Not so FST n00b BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by ScT
    Morning, okay Friday is upon us and the new credit system is now up.

If you click around you will see there is 3 options,

* No Credits - aka Just the Star / Custom Title / Voice on iRC
    * Credits - aka Just the Star / Custom Title / Voice on iRC / Added GB(s)
    * Invite - aka Just the Star / Custom Title / Voice on iRC / Added Invite(s)

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ScT
    Morning, okay Friday is upon us and the new credit system is now up.

If you click around you will see there is 3 options,

* No Credits - aka Just the Star / Custom Title / Voice on iRC
    * Credits - aka Just the Star / Custom Title / Voice on iRC / Added GB(s)
    * Invite - aka Just the Star / Custom Title / Voice on iRC / Added Invite(s)
    i just seen that, so no more random invites? Only way to get them now is by donating?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Makes the site not as good as it use to be i think.Not that i ever had an account there though.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    RTFM's Avatar <? print "BCC"; ?> BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Pay2leech, that's pretty bad in my opinion, but that's debatable if they really need money.

But Pay4invite!? That's ridiculous. That completely flies in the face of the spirit of P2P and private bittorrent trackers.

Edit: Assuming I'm understanding this correctly, no more invites will be handed out unless you donate? Or is it just extra invites for donors?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Acidice's Avatar sunshine live = love BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I guess sct won't be level 5 for much longer.

On top of which, paying to download or invite ruins the "free" aspect.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I'm sure you can buy invites but also you would be able to get invites for free. It just seems to me like they want money and I can see people paying for invites. What were the requierements b4 to get invites there? Because I really haven't seen much people giving ScT invites. I have seen people giving Oink invites though.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Buggyme's Avatar Retired BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by TheQuasi View Post
    Pay2leech, that's pretty bad in my opinion, but that's debatable if they really need money.

But Pay4invite!? That's ridiculous. That completely flies in the face of the spirit of P2P and private bittorrent trackers.

Edit: Assuming I'm understanding this correctly, no more invites will be handed out unless you donate? Or is it just extra invites for donors?
    They really need the money I guess. I mean, they were all really against Pay2Leech and basically everything that involves payment, so I guess they have to desperate to implement this kind of system.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    RTFM's Avatar <? print "BCC"; ?> BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Buggyme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheQuasi View Post

They really need the money I guess. I mean, they were all really against Pay2Leech and basically everything that involves payment, so I guess they have to desperate to implement this kind of system.
    If they really need the money, then I guess it's justified. While I'm still opposed to the idea, a pay2leech tracker is still better than no tracker at all.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    invites are called invites because they are supposed to be free.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    this is bad

.....and a year later we will look back at the fall of the great torrent community of sct

*tears

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast