Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E-mule,e-mule Plus,e-donkey

ok, i was downloading a movie from a guy in spain (very hard supernode and movie to get) and this dude told me that he got that movie from e-mule.
    The movie that i'm talking about is "El Espinazo del Diablo", a very rare and hard to get (here in the us) movie (not even one source in 30 minutes in auto search).
    Does e-mule have more users?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by Blaster.Master@1 June 2003 - 15:17
    Does e-mule have more users?
    No, emule doesn't have more users, but it has very few fake files. One complete file can be spread very quickly due to their "parts" system. The anti-corruption system is great, and if you upload alot, the speeds will be nice and quick.
    Proud member of MDS

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    what about e-mule plus?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    B) The only downfall on Emule is it takes forever usally to get an entire download,sure it has alot of files but what good is that if you can't get them half the time. If your looking to try another sharing program you want to use Shareaza.It connects to Emule and Gnutella and a few others. I use it and it works great.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    eMule is slower than kazaa, BUT, it delivers corruption free files. cant say that for kazaa. so what if you can get a big file on kazaa at 20-30kbs if it ends up corrupt.

I can get a 700MB file from eMule in 3 days if i stay connected 24hrs.

It make no difference how many at a time...i can get 1 or 6 ISOs or BINs at a time, it still take about 3 days to get 700MB at 24hrs a day.

I just turn off the monitor when i sleep or away from the house.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by WARSUPPORT@1 June 2003 - 16:32
    B) The only downfall on Emule is it takes forever usally to get an entire download,sure it has alot of files but what good is that if you can't get them half the time. If your looking to try another sharing program you want to use Shareaza.It connects to Emule and Gnutella and a few others. I use it and it works great.
    I don't think Shareaza uses the Edonkey network. At least not the version I tried. I believe eMule is the best program for getting hard to find movies and games with little or no corruption, even if it does take a little longer. The only thing I think Kazaa is better for is music, because of the shear volume available.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by Nightwolf@2 June 2003 - 06:32
    QUOTE]
    I don't think Shareaza uses the Edonkey network. At least not the version I tried. I believe eMule is the best program for getting hard to find movies and games with little or no corruption, even if it does take a little longer. The only thing I think Kazaa is better for is music, because of the shear volume available.
    B) Shareaza does use the eDonkey 2000 network. You must still be using the old version 1820. Upgrade to the newest v.1890.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Also the search function on emule/donkey does a much better job of finding files than kazaa. and you can rate your files as rare which means they get upload priority so that rare files spread better.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    E Mule is better for big downloads, movies, software, stuff like that. People are saying it is slow but I have not had that problem, I mostly d/l software and usually stuff I cannot find ANY sources for on here I find on emule pretty quickly.

Kazaalite is FAR better for music, no question about that. I think you have to use different sites for different things, there is no "best site" overall. They have strengths in different areas. Me, being a lazy ****, would like to have one site for everything but it doesn't work that way.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    K-Lite is good for music if you only download singles and such.
    If you want full albums easily then go with Soulseek.

As for eMule, I like it.
    Slow but good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast