Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoke Or Not To Smoke

thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bytetorrent View Post
    i dont smoke...

why do people smoke ??? lol
    It often happens during "spontaneous combustion".. The smoke a by-product, caused by insufficient oxygen... ?

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by MediaSlayer View Post
    in the spirit of healthy debate, i'm going to have to disagree with this:

Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    There is nothing which is analogous with smoking.

So why do people keep trying to debate this issue by analogy.

smoking is something that many people do, to lighten up and relax

drinking is something that many people do, to lighten up and relax

so the similarity is in the motivation, although the means are different
    Have you ever sat in the same room as people drinking and become passively drunk, or subjected your liver to the dangers of alcohol. You are subjected to the dangers of smoking every time you sit in the same room as people who are smoking. The more smoking going on the more it effects you. The same cannot be said for sitting in a room where people are drinking.

A person who doesn't drink can go through their whole life without any of the physical effects of drinking. A person who does not smoke can die of throat cancer as a direct result of passive smoking
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Poster
    If us smokers have to go without a cigarette while we are out and about, they should make fat people
    stay indoors, because fat people make me feel sick and seriously damages my mental health

4. Lounge   -   #34
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post

Have you ever sat in the same room as people drinking and become passively drunk, or subjected your liver to the dangers of alcohol. You are subjected to the dangers of smoking every time you sit in the same room as people who are smoking. The more smoking going on the more it effects you. The same cannot be said for sitting in a room where people are drinking.

A person who doesn't drink can go through their whole life without any of the physical effects of drinking. A person who does not smoke can die of throat cancer as a direct result of passive smoking
    I get your point and you are correct, however if we were to able to compare the "innocent" deaths/injury attributed directly to both habits I'm guessing alcohol would win.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    i used to enjoy my smokes but it got to the point i like breathing better but if someone said i was going to kick the bucket id go get a pack of smokes and light up caus i did enjoy em
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.
    b. One in which confidence is placed.
    "and Yes people have put trust in me""and i thank you all"

6. Lounge   -   #36
    BANNED BT Rep: +4
    smoking kills!

7. Lounge   -   #37
    KRink's Avatar Headshot Deluxe BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    i used to like smoking cigs, but now have moved onto healthier drugs like morphine and heroin, which dont damage the internal organs, unless you are using street shit with impurities of course.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    TYPE R's Avatar ( ^ ^ ) BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    i want 2 stop smoking it is a bad fucking habit, but it's really hard 2 stop

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post

I get your point and you are correct, however if we were to able to compare the "innocent" deaths/injury attributed directly to both habits I'm guessing alcohol would win.
    Good point.

Binge drinking has become the scourge of the English (British?) town centres at night.

If they had only just invented alcohol, it would be a banned substance. I dunno what the answer is.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    bunny67's Avatar THE ORIGINAL BUNNY! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by KRink View Post
    i used to like smoking cigs, but now have moved onto healthier drugs like morphine and heroin, which dont damage the internal organs, unless you are using street shit with impurities of course.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast