Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Improve Download Speed

Previously stated by some user to 'search for more sources (files) of the file you're downloading while you're downloading it, to increase speed'.
    This is correct, but have you noticed that even though there are hundreds of sources, you're only downloading from about 2? Well, what am about to say might not be the reason, but it has helped me.
    When you start the search while downloading, the Auto-search will be searching on and on, getting more and more users. Stop it when it reaches around 50 sources (or a reasonable value depending on the files inconceivability), but make sure you stop the search. This is the most important part.
    Then, use a program like 'Speedup' to do the 'find more sources' job. Set it to '20' seconds between cycles.

After a few minutes, you would notice your download getting more and more sources, as it did for me.
    Enjoy!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    wow thnx for the tip. will try that

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    BANNED
    that is a very good tip

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    I was aware of this and it does help me sometmes.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    I wasn't aware of this so it didn't help me but now it will. Tanks.
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Forum Star
    The method descibed in our FAQ is even better.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by isuru@21 May 2003 - 13:46
    Previously stated by some user to 'search for more sources (files) of the file you're downloading while you're downloading it, to increase speed'.
    This is correct, but have you noticed that even though there are hundreds of sources, you're only downloading from about 2? Well, what am about to say might not be the reason, but it has helped me.
    When you start the search while downloading, the Auto-search will be searching on and on, getting more and more users. Stop it when it reaches around 50 sources (or a reasonable value depending on the files inconceivability), but make sure you stop the search. This is the most important part.
    Then, use a program like 'Speedup' to do the 'find more sources' job. Set it to '20' seconds between cycles.

After a few minutes, you would notice your download getting more and more sources, as it did for me.
    Enjoy!
    it helps but i dont think that this speedup is related with searching the files

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by vegeta@30 May 2003 - 10:45
    It isnt Just does the small task of triggering kazaa downloads to add more sources...for those lazy users

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    i cant get speed up to load.
    nothing happens when i click the link.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by isuru+30 May 2003 - 20:56--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (isuru @ 30 May 2003 - 20:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vegeta@30 May 2003 - 10:45
    It isnt Just does the small task of triggering kazaa downloads to add more sources...for those lazy users [/b][/quote]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast