Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best DVD Ripper?

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lightshow View Post
    Busyman, if you want to shrink you dvd's you are going to have to do it in the 2 shot deal.

I don't believe it is possible to take a dvd9 and reburn it as a dvd5 without first putting the dvd9 files on the hard disk to have it re-encode then later burn.

So, yeah, sorry I think you'll have to stay with the two step process and always have it temporally store the movie on your hard drive.

A DVD5 to DVD5 copy is a different story, but I'm sure you already know that.
    Can't he just use DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter?

- Insert original DVD.
    - Open DVD Shrink.
    - Click the Open Disc button.
    - Select titles and languages etc (if desired).
    - Click Backup>Select backup target>ISO Image file and burn with DVD Decrypter.

It will Rip, Encode and Burn all in one pass. After the encoding phase it will ask for a blank disc. You can even set DVD Decrypter to automatically delete the image after successful burn.

I personally prefer to have the whole contents ripped to the drive first. that allows me to have temporary a backup copy. Sometimes media fails.
    Thanks for the help but both of guys are missing something.

1. I burn my images with Nero with no problems. I never use Decrypter to burn. I'm talking about ripping. Burning is no problem whatsoever.

2. DVD Shrink does not work with certain Sony and Disney DVDs.

I must use RipIt4Me it then opens DVD Decrypter and it rips the entire DVD which is usually DVD9. That's one step and I end up with a 7 gig or so video ts.

...but then I must shrink it using DVD Shrink which creates the 4.4 gig video ts.

I wanted a one step solution that

Gets past Sony's protection
    Shrinks the DVD to single layer

in one shot.

Clone DVD seems to works.....but then it doesn't.

What I do is

1. rent online from Blockbuster (4 at a time right now)
    2. rip all 4 movies
    3. return movies to the store which
    4. nets me 4 free in-store rentals which opens my cue online then I
    5. rip the 4 in-store movies but hold them (you get a week FFS) then
    6. rip the next 4 online rentals I receive then
    7. take all 8 (4 online, 4 in-store) rentals back to Blockbuster then
    8. goto to line 4.

I ripped some movies using Clone DVD but didn't try to burn them yet. I reripped using RipIt/Decrypt/Shrink to make sure I had good copies.

I ripped one movie with Clone and it only took 16 minutes which smells of bullshit. I also had one movie that was dual-layer (7+ gigs) but after Clone it was 1.36 gigs which smells of bullshit.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    I know what your saying. My post above was just a simplified way to copy in one pass.

Just about everything works that way with DVD Shrink but also with the latest AnyDVD running in the background.

Some copy protection causes problems. The rare one that doesn't work has to be tried many different ways.

So far I've been able to copy everything using:

AnyDVD
    DVD Shrink
    DVD Decrypter
    CloneDVD2
    and sometimes even using FixVTS.exe on the ripped copy on the HDD to be able to open it with DVD Shrink or CloneDVD.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234 View Post
    I know what your saying. My post above was just a simplified way to copy in one pass.

Just about everything works that way with DVD Shrink but also with the latest AnyDVD running in the background.

Some copy protection causes problems. The rare one that doesn't work has to be tried many different ways.

So far I've been able to copy everything using:

AnyDVD
    DVD Shrink
    DVD Decrypter
    CloneDVD2
    and sometimes even using FixVTS.exe on the ripped copy on the HDD to be able to open it with DVD Shrink or CloneDVD.
    I do the exact same.

1. AnyDVD/DVD Shrink
    2. RipIt4Me/DVD Decrypter/DVD Shrink
    3. Clone DVD2 (not really tested)

I've had to use FixVTS maybe twice. I have had to use RipIt4Me on multiple occasions because of Sony discs. I use to get around Sony's crap by inserting a different image in the beginning of the disc (instead of having that man that jumps up in the air for a split second) but that was the old way.

The Any/Shrink combo doesn't cut it for the Sony discs and that's when I have to go 2-step. Otherwise it's easy as cake. I'm ripping Dungeons & Dragons Disc 5 right now.

The AnyDVD/Clone DVD2/Mobile/HD-DVD is a crack from rESin.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I prefer clonedvd2, I use it for all my uploads. You can remove all those annoying government threats and advertisements. You can also get rid of the extras and still retain menu structure and functionality.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    I prefer clonedvd2, I use it for all my uploads. You can remove all those annoying government threats and advertisements. You can also get rid of the extras and still retain menu structure and functionality.
    I might try it again. Thanks.

I noticed the FBI threats have this guy that gets yellow drawing on him.

It's quite weird.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    thanks

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    fstrulz's Avatar got milf? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Best Software for Ripping DVDs:
    Ripit4me

Best Software for Encoding DVDs:
    DVD-Rebuilder Pro with CCE SP 2.7

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    BANNED BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    'DVDFab Decrypter(Buy)

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    cheers

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Saroman's Avatar ReInVeNtInG MySeLf BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    AutoGK doest decent work for me

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast