Thread: Windows XP is not saving my settings!

Two things are wrong with my Windows 1. It does not save my background. I switch my background, then reboot, only to find the previous background up! Yes, I am allowing my computer to fully reboot. 2. Also, my startup settings in msconfig does not modify after I reboot. I also get that annoying "You have changed your settings" window that pops up after you have changed your msconfig settings ever reboot - even when before I hadn't changed a thing. Please don't just tell me to never turn off my Windows XP, because it would be a horrible thing to do to my system memory. For those of you who don't know, programs on Windows XP use an increasing amount of virtual memory... leading to an increasingly slow computer. It happens at a slow rate, though, but that't just one of the reasons why Windows XP forces you to reboot now and then. If any one knows how I can fix this, please let me know!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    When the "you have changed your settings" warning pops up, tick the "don't warn me again" check box.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    i had a similar problem to this. my desktop kept reverting to default, quick launch buttons didn't save etc.

Solved it by downloading Nod32 and running an in depth virus scan - found and deleted 12 viruses which AVG hadn't picked up on.

hope this helps - if not try a system restore to a point before you started having problems.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    download Nod32? Will do! Come to think of it, I don't have an anti-virus running!!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    i'd imagine that's definitely your problem then. Let me know how you get on...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    try to do apply and then ok..then do what you want reboot and see if it work

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    ok guys the msconfig problem is fixed. i scanned my computer with nod32 and turned up with no viruses on my computer. yet my computer is still not saving my background :/ did i mention i have TinyXP Vista Edition?