Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: France And Usa

Poster
    Originally posted by j2k4@3 June 2003 - 06:27
    Its one of the 'Big 3' EU countries already (UK, France, Germany) and is subject to EU Law as well as UK law.

It hasnt joined the 'Euro' currency yet, and entry to that will depend upon a referendum.....I dont think there are any plans to hold one this month.

To clarify:

My info is that Blair intends, this month, to officially approve a new European Union constitution, the intent of which is, apparently, to create a "United States of Europe", and would have the effect of turning Parliament into something more on the order of a local council.

All control of "economic, defense, and foreign and immigration policies" would default to Brussels, and voila! No more British sovereignty.

Blair has apparently somehow ruled out a referendum vote on the matter, on the grounds that, in his estimation, the issue is too "complicated" for voters to understand.

Much of this comes from your Trevor Kavanagh, political editor of the SUN.

Ch
    Revelation 13
    1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
    16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
    17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
    18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    WeeMouse's Avatar Small and Squeaky
    Much of this comes from your Trevor Kavanagh, political editor of the SUN.
    The Sun isn't well known for it's....uh...accuracy and unbiased manner, shall we say.

I don't know if all the facts the sun gave are true, but I would probably look up stuff from the Herald - no political bias, just news!

hope this helps!

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by WeeMouse@4 June 2003 - 11:57

I don't know if all the facts the sun gave are true
    what facts ?!!

If you ask me The Sun, The Star, Sunday Sport are all in the same league. tits and....well u know the rest im sure.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Tikibonbon's Avatar It'll Get Ya Drunk!
    without frances aid, the u.s. would not have been able to break free from the english.
    http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Green%20Lantern/GreenLantern_ION.gif

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Tikibonbon@4 June 2003 - 08:29
    without frances aid, the u.s. would not have been able to break free from the english.
    Of which fact we are eternally reminded.

This no doubt accounts for our continued suffering of their insufferability.

No matter what the reputation of the Sun or it's minions, Mr. Kavanagh makes a bold assertion, which would seem to fairly scream for a response; has there been one?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    hey tikibonbon, how old are you?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by j2k4+4 June 2003 - 13:59--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 4 June 2003 - 13:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Tikibonbon@4 June 2003 - 08:29

No matter what the reputation of the Sun or it&#39;s minions, Mr. Kavanagh makes a bold assertion, which would seem to fairly scream for a response; has there been one? [/b][/quote]
    j2k4,

It would be hard to explain this one with a straight face if you were from the UK, however you dont know &#39;The Sun&#39;, so its understandable that there is some confusion.

The Sun is a very Right Wing comic, and has been saying that EVERY decision of Common Market, followed by EEC followed by EU has been the final nail in the coffin of British Independance.

I think the nearest US &#39;newspaper&#39; that comes up to the journalistic accuracy and independance of The Sun and The Daily Sport is the National Enquirer, however that is just from what I see in films....I dont know if this bastion of US journalism actually sinks as low as the 2 UK tabloids Ive just mentioned.

Basically, they dont care as long as the Page 3 girl has big Tits

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@4 June 2003 - 13:39

Basically, they dont care as long as the Page 3 girl has big Tits
    You guys are lucky.
    We don&#39;t even get the tits.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by j2k4+4 June 2003 - 14:59--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 4 June 2003 - 14:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Tikibonbon@4 June 2003 - 08:29

No matter what the reputation of the Sun or it&#39;s minions, Mr. Kavanagh makes a bold assertion, which would seem to fairly scream for a response; has there been one? [/b][/quote]

No Shit&#33;
    I think I would have rather remained under British rule then to suffer that fact for the rest of my days.
    hehhe just kidding&#33;
    Really though...lets forget all about this who helped who stuff and get down to the bare knuckles of the question and that is ..
    Why do the French continually throughout history act in the duplicitous manner in which they do?
    I don&#39;t think Americans(note I said Americans and not America)will ever trust the French again.
    What happened here wasn&#39;t just the French opposing the policies of the US.
    It was an out and out power play to try and attain the role of leadership to a counter balance to the USA.
    France is a pipsqueak of a nation with an economy not even the size of California,but wanting to lead all of you over there, and the rest of the world for that matter.
    I seriously think they have dillusions of grandeur.
    When other European countries disagreed with them on this they threatened to kick them out of the EU&#33;
    That is only the new ones that the French had power over.
    Do you want them to have power over you?
    Ladies and Gentlemen may I introduceThe new King of Europe,Jacques Chirac&#33;
    All kidding aside,European nations are already giving their power to the will of a central EU Government.
    A revived Roman Empire(if you will)&#33;
    Refer to a previous post for more on that subject.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Rat Faced+4 June 2003 - 14:39--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rat Faced @ 4 June 2003 - 14:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -j2k4@4 June 2003 - 13:59
    <!--QuoteBegin--Tikibonbon
    @4 June 2003 - 08:29

No matter what the reputation of the Sun or it&#39;s minions, Mr. Kavanagh makes a bold assertion, which would seem to fairly scream for a response; has there been one?
    j2k4,

It would be hard to explain this one with a straight face if you were from the UK, however you dont know &#39;The Sun&#39;, so its understandable that there is some confusion.

The Sun is a very Right Wing comic, and has been saying that EVERY decision of Common Market, followed by EEC followed by EU has been the final nail in the coffin of British Independance.

I think the nearest US &#39;newspaper&#39; that comes up to the journalistic accuracy and independance of The Sun and The Daily Sport is the National Enquirer, however that is just from what I see in films....I dont know if this bastion of US journalism actually sinks as low as the 2 UK tabloids Ive just mentioned.

Basically, they dont care as long as the Page 3 girl has big Tits [/b][/quote]
    If you say so, Rat.

If the story is basically true, though (absent any concern for potential loss of sovereignty), why the need to forego the public referendum?

I have, with much frequency in this forum, heard those from the U.K. complain about Blair&#39;s inclination to act without the assent, informed or otherwise, of parliament; has public opinion somehow changed?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast