Thread: On board PCI Ethernet not working! help plz..

sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    Today when i tried using my Medion MD1773 computer, the on board PCI Ethernet Adaptor doesn't seem to be working. I haven't used this computer for a long time now. I don't know what's wrong, but the wire connection from the moderm to PC seems fine.
    I have tested the same connection on my other computer and the internet works fine on others.

Its only this computer, which cannot detect the ethernet cable.

Does anyone know what might be the problem here???

BTW the wireless internet seems to be working fine on this computer as well. But its the wired connection that is not working.

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    A simple thing to check is try a different lan card , their like 5 bucks ? Or try the XP wizard , you know insert the Win XP CD then run the Network Setup Wizard see what it says ?

I had to read my post again , did it make sense I'm thinking ? I'v seen this many times but to be honest mostly with onboard lan . Easy way is plug in a pci card then try . I 'd start with the Network Setup just it in the chance your DSN or network was corrupted . Another way is to right click Network Connection and Repair ? Hey this is easy ........
    Last edited by peat moss; 04-11-2007 at 05:05 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    ^^^
    hey thx bud....yeah I'll buy a lan card, will see if that solves the prb.
    thnx for the prompt reply...

cheers

oh btw lan card is $15+tax over here....
    Last edited by sameer0807; 04-11-2007 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    No troubles bud , I meant I used card . I'm sure if you go in to a reputable shop they'll give one just to test . If they don't , go some where else .

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Is it enabled in the BIOS?

Does it show up in the device manager? If so then try deleting the entry and reboot.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234 View Post
    Is it enabled in the BIOS?

Does it show up in the device manager? If so then try deleting the entry and reboot.
    I believe so its enabled...because i do see it in the device manager....
    I tried uninstall and install but that didn't work either...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Hi!
    Point to control panel | network connections and right-click on local area connection icon and then choose properties . Point to Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click on properties button and check your settings there. Are you geared for automatically receiving an IP-address? Or have you previously set some other value(s)?
    If settings are obtain an ip/dns address automatically, what happens when you plug/unplug your network cable?
    thag57
    My idea of a groupdecision is a mirror...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by thag57 View Post
    Hi!
    Point to control panel | network connections and right-click on local area connection icon and then choose properties . Point to Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click on properties button and check your settings there. Are you geared for automatically receiving an IP-address? Or have you previously set some other value(s)?
    If settings are obtain an ip/dns address automatically, what happens when you plug/unplug your network cable?
    thag57
    ^^^
    that i already checked..... Its on automatic and that's what it is suppose to be anyways...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Have you talked to your ISP ? I know it sounds like a stretch but hey thats what you pay them for . Hook up the computer in question and phone them , let them walk you thru the process . I had a problem once and they added a second ISP address that solved it .