Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is usernet worth it

It's definitely worth it. I download quite a bit each month and having the ability to grab whatever I want (videos, bulk image packs, etc..) at the maximum connection speed (6mbit in my case) is well worth $14 a month. I subscribed to a usenet provider about 3 weeks ago (previously using torrents) and there is no going back for me.

As for newzbin, I wouldn't pay for a subscription simply because (as many have said) there are lots of nzb community sites that openly share and require no payment, such as this one .
    “I like work; it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.”

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    knight76's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    As for newzbin, I wouldn't pay for a subscription simply because (as many have said) there are lots of nzb community sites that openly share and require no payment, such as this one .
    But are they as comprehensive as Newzbin, or as convenient?

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    burtz's Avatar †Guitar POWER useR† BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    is it true that most 0-days go first in NewsGroups? i never had the chance to try this method since i can't afford to pay for it in out country.

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    - - NL - - BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    i don't understand why do you pay as you can find everything on the bittorrent ? all the DVD , the new one you can find their .

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    because its a much safer environment, read through other posts

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    oh yes i think its worth, i been using usenet for 5 years or so, i dl all my pc aaps, all my pc games, movies are all the there, tv series are all there, xbox 360 are all there great. i think usenet is the daddy, i started off using mirc, ftp, the p2p tried torrents, wouldnt use emm now though!

Quote Originally Posted by TorrenTy View Post
    i don't understand why do you pay as you can find everything on the bittorrent ? all the DVD , the new one you can find their .
    on usenet u get your full download speed(bandwidth) u pay for wot u get!

Quote Originally Posted by burtz View Post
    is it true that most 0-days go first in NewsGroups? i never had the chance to try this method since i can't afford to pay for it in out country.
    usually newsgroups get it first(ftp top sites(privat ftp) if you can get acess, might get it quicker, then filters off to torrents p2p. some xbox360 games and movies hit usenet before the info gets to the nforce realease site or sites, newsgroups are no1!

Quote Originally Posted by mesaman View Post
    Can't answer because my ISP's unlimited server is doing the job for free.
    all free isp ones are ok, but many files will be missing, pay for wot u get!
    Last edited by ezzzy; 04-15-2007 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    How about that being the big problem of bittorrent? Only new releases are there.

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    I usually just get a lot of nzbs and get a 3 day trial from uns and download all away. I just don't use it enough to justify even 15 bucks a month.

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    knight76's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan711 View Post
    I usually just get a lot of nzbs and get a 3 day trial from uns and download all away. I just don't use it enough to justify even 15 bucks a month.
    Thats great if you have a fast connection. I'm using an australian based 512k connection. It takes me a whole day to download 5 gig. More actually.

Which is why retention is important to me.

10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by roiko View Post
    i don't think its worth it,
    id rather rent the dvds..
    Can you "rent" first-run movies like those at theaters? I don't THINK so! nuff' said.

Here's answering your question with some questions....Why do you want to seed a stupid file for days when you can get it off of newsgroups and not have to worry about seeding anything!? Then have that same file at maxed out speed that you cannot even get on private BT sites?

I can download many files off newsgroups to your one on bit torrent while you are still having to seed it back! That is the difference.
    Last edited by webe123; 04-16-2007 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12