Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast

Thread: Rts:running The Scene

jaum's Avatar )-0-0-( BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    another
    scp - www.scenepiracy.org

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #132
    MODERATION BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    proof...

Last edited by mievmo; 04-12-2007 at 07:31 AM.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #133
    BANNED BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    U Mean SCN ?? OR What ??

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #134
    MODERATION BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by snakesman901 View Post
    U Mean SCN ?? OR What ??
    no pal he mean RTS

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #135
    BANNED BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    oh they planing to open 2 trackers
    Good Luck

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #136
    bigimot's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Oh, I have skill programming and design
    How this gonna help?
    BTW, I totally agree with Jaits, what makes you think that your tracker better than the rest?

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #137
    Jaits's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +3
    well now that i ve seen it... well i ll let ppl make their own minds about that site and how successful it will be...

i have 2 sites.. the first one started from around 500 ppl who lost a torrent site cause the owner shut it down... those 500 ppl donated to a small team (ex mods as well as a few new ppl with design/coding skills) in order for us to get a server and start a site to replace the old one... so we got a tbdev source, worked on it for a week and opened the site... we already had a community ready so that site was relatevely easy to work with... ppl had strong bonds between them and after a couple of months we had a few k users and a strong community (it was and is invite only all the way through), a lot of uploads, a lot of posts and everyone pretty much visiting everyday to check for new stuff...

after a few months we decided to make a subset of our site into a new site cause the subset was just too large to fit in tp, and so we did... we got the 2k users we had on tp and invited them on tv.. needless to say that site had no userbase (even with 2k users as a startup) cause those were tp users and not tv users.... it took around 5 months for the site to really take off and we stuck with it, working on the community on and on in order for it to selfsustain itself...we had to put in $ of our own pockets to pay the bill in the beginning cause there seem to just not be enough ppl caring about a busines torrent site.... well the story is a bit diff now... tp has 4k useres and tv has 2k users and there are more uploads on tv than tp, more pm's and more posts ... over there they organize gb's in minutes, while on tp some may even still take days despite the larger userbase and more close members... u think we expected that? we already had a site so really even if it failed for us, it was just an experiment....

but now it has its own community (most of the original ppl that got invited got disabled cause of inactivity) and it stands on its own, maybe with an even stronger community than tp (maybe cause of its smaller size or the theme of the tracker- i dont know).... we never expected that, nor could we have predicted it... we did our best to make it work and we were lucky it did... factors to consider is that the site has a unique specialized theme (smt that u cant really say about rst - im not talking about design here) and also uploads u just cant find anywhere else, and also gb's that give a unique touch to the site.... none of these would work for a scene tracker though since there are many of them, gb's isnt really a viable solution since all the material comes from ripping off the scene (other ppls work)....

my point being... having a tracker is much more work than a user can imagine... its not just about coding sm stuff and then getting a few k users in and so on... if u dont have a solid roadmap ahead of u ur bound to fail... also to claim that u ll be the new sct/whatever_site is a big claim that has been done so many times again and again that it aint even funny anymore..... bottom line is that noone can predict that and all u can do is offer the best u can offer to ur users and hope that they will give you their time in return.... being cocky without having any value to offer will just make ppl not want to use ur site ( i mean come on, if u have attitude now what will happen when ur site actually succeeds ).. on the other hand, being noble and patient will take u much further in this game
    Last edited by Jaits; 04-12-2007 at 10:07 AM.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #138
    nickw1988's Avatar FST Xtreme User BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    id like an invite to this new site i think iv contributed a lot at FST handed out a few free invites and hlped people out, Anyway here is my ratio proof that im a good uploader hope to hear from you soon

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #139
    Poster
    i wouldn't mind an invite as well! i have a lot of BT and Networking knowledge and wouldn't mind being FLS...

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #140
    safa's Avatar ® BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by thecoolguy View Post
    Enough said.
    Thank goodness for that

Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast