Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks For The Fakes !

I never thought fakes would be useful, but there's always a first. Some idiotic file renamer just did me a great favour!

Looking for the remastered Return of the Jedi, I found a file with 100s of users, high bandwidth and one damn quick download?

Why? Because someone had renamed it as Matrix Reloaded So every man and his dog has a copy of it in their shared folders. Which lets me download Return of the Jedi at lightning speed

I've "unshared" (is that a word??) that one though, as too many idiots who can't read the file details on kazaa will be trying to get that version of matrix reloaded.

There's a lesson in there somewhere. LOOK at what you're downloading, CHECK the file details, VERIFY the approximate length of the film, and you can't go far wrong, despite the efforts of a few morons.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Originally posted by SERIAL KILLER@2 June 2003 - 11:20
    i ALWAYS CHECK and how about useing AVI preview DUMBASS
    who are you referring to here?

You always check? Good for you, I just wish more would, then we wouldn't have all the "stop sharing fake files" topics kicking around.

I didn't start this as a flamebait topic, but seeing as you don't seem to be capable of reading a post through before replying, there's a certain adjective in your post that might be applied to you!

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by SERIAL KILLER@2 June 2003 - 12:20
    i ALWAYS CHECK and how about useing AVI preview DUMBASS
    You need to re-read the post and not just jump in head first and start abusing someone!

He knew it wasn't the matrix reloaded and used the amount of fake sharers to his advantage. He wasn't moaning it was a fake file he KNEW it was so why tell him to use AVIPreview??

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Thank you Longdong, I'm glad there's another person who understands lower case text

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Blow me BITCH!!!!!!!!!! KISS MY ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
    TAKE CAPS LOCK OFF DUMBASS!!!!!!!!!!!

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    I would just like to thank the person who re-named kangaroo jack as it turned out to be a film ive been after for a long time (Leon) but can never find any sources for it....thanks again.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    What happens if the file is .wmv?
    Try avi preview....!!!!

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by Tyke@2 June 2003 - 05:17

I've "unshared" (is that a word??) that one though, as too many idiots who can't read the file details on kazaa will be trying to get that version of matrix reloaded.

Instead of "unsharing" the file why don't you rename it properly?
    Then others (like you) who are looking for it can find it without the hassle you had to go through.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    I always re-name, if only to aid my own forgetful memory - but sad to say that renaming already established fakes such as this does bugger all....If I rename it, people will still be getting a fake Matrix, when "Find More Sources" finds my file. I'll just re-share it when all the fuss over Matrix has died down.

I don't know what file someone has renamed "Lost Souls" as, but I have that movie on my HD and it's suddenly got VERY popular....

Oh and I had no hassle getting either Return of the Jedi or Matrix Reloaded, but thanks for the concern

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by Tyke@2 June 2003 - 11:17
    I never thought fakes would be useful, but there's always a first. Some idiotic file renamer just did me a great favour!

Looking for the remastered Return of the Jedi, I found a file with 100s of users, high bandwidth and one damn quick download?

Why? Because someone had renamed it as Matrix Reloaded So every man and his dog has a copy of it in their shared folders. Which lets me download Return of the Jedi at lightning speed

There's a lesson in there somewhere. LOOK at what you're downloading, CHECK the file details, VERIFY the approximate length of the film, and you can't go far wrong, despite the efforts of a few morons.
    yea if u looking for "white light" dl a popular game and it will prbally be that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast