Thread: What causes this?

MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    I'm missing 627 blocks, and after searching and reading about fixing the missing parts, it looks like I'm missing too much of each rar to be fixable.

This was a nasty experience. I don't care about the files, I'll just delete them. But what went wrong? Did I make a n00bish mistake? Was it my provider? (i use usenetserver) The post was not past my provider's cutoff(was near it tho') date for post expiration, that was my only thought to how.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    if its not retention then who ever uploaded messed up or uploaded to a news server that has bad rentention and some of the articles were deleted before they got copied to other news servers

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    There are several specific, known bugs with certain news servers, posts and uploaders that repeatedly occur, but you don't show enough information in the capture for me to narrow it down to a known software or hardware issue. Try giving me just one message-id. Without knowing the specific post, the answer is that it was caused by something, or maybe something else, or maybe something else.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Researching this from the PM, the issue is entirely with UNS and their corrupt message-id history from about 70 days old, to their advertized 101 days of retention. UNS is working on a fix, but it won't help the 94 day old post you're trying to get.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    btw my other large dl is working fine but i don't think it's past the 70 day mark. i was taking the 101 days thing literally, so i set v3newzbin to search stopping at 100 days. i guess i should change that until they fix their crap(usenetserver)

thanks for your help, happy use netting.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    that happens to me right before end of retention

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Were you getting the ATHF seasons cause you could have asked for extra pars or a repost of certain pars.

Even then winrar might still extract the files then deleted the incomplete video files