Thread: Failure burning dvds

Poster BT Rep: +3
    Every time I try and burn dvds the burn process fails. It appears to go all the way to the end and when hero says writing TOC it kicks it out and says failed. Just downloaded nero 7.8.5.0 from TL. Why is this happening all of a sudden. The files are .img or .iso and I just go to the dvd menu and click burn image. Nothing fancy. My hd is filling up and I need room!

Forgot to mention that I also have already tried burning at the slowest speed possible (2.4x is the slowest I can get).

<-

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Try using: http://www.imgburn.com/

Btw... "Every time" or "all of a sudden". Make up your mind.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Both. I haven't burned a dvd img in a few months. I formated my computer and this is when I started having the problems. So all the time since the last format.

<-

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    For some reason Nero has been locking up and erroring out on me as well lately. Both on dvd and cd burns. Never had a problem with it before and all of a sudden it happen everytime I open Nero and try to burn something. It just locks up.
    I haven't taken a beating like that since I opened my first issue of Hustler!
    The World is a Sick Place and I'm a Happy Guy!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo0ddha View Post
    Both. I haven't burned a dvd img in a few months. I formated my computer and this is when I started having the problems. So all the time since the last format.
    So... Did the ImgBurn work?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Maybe try uninstalling Nero, clean the registry and install nero 6 instead. Nero 7 sucks at most stuff. Theres only so much you can do to a great application before you ruin it, and Nero has ruined its own application. I hate 7, dislike 6 and loved 5 and 4.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    7 is ok...as long as you turn off all the extra crap.

Also, Bo0ddha, try turning off simulating before burning, if you have that marked.

It seems as if that throws your burner off somehow, sometimes, with Nero 7.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Nero works well for me (the entire 7.x series). However, I don't use it to burn images. For that I use alcohol 120.