Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Giganews' Usenet binary retention to grow to 120 days over the next 18 days

popopot's Avatar To Me, To You BT Rep: +5
    They have them now with a few hundred GB's (InPhase I think) and they to plan to go up to TB(s) but not 100 TB's.

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    Giganews should lower their prices instead of raising their retention imo. 120 days is useless.

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by groggy View Post
    Giganews should lower their prices instead of raising their retention imo. 120 days is useless.

To you mabye...not to me. There are rare files and files you can take your time getting which makes retention like that worth it!

And as far as their prices are concerned...I tried newshosting in my area and it absolutely SUCKED! So I don't mind if I pay a little more money..IF I have ROCK STEADY service! Which I have no complaints whatsoever. You want cheap? Try newshosting. Though your milage will vary on the kind of service you get.

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    If you want to pay less and aren't worried about having longer retention but want the quality of giganews then use
    power usenet as they are linked to giganews and use the same servers

http://www.powerusenet.com/

wHoMe

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    Giganews has expensive lawyers, they wont' be bullied. I prefer UNS, 100 days at half the price.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12