Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone get annoyed when a show gets cancelled?

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by time999 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghent View Post
    Firefly!
    that was fox problem, they screwed up the ep order
    What's funny is that I didn't hear an uproar for the show went it was cancelled.

As I said before, it and John Doe were on on Friday which is an absolute horrible time for a show in America.

People like to go out on Friday evenings and not sit at home in front of a television. This is why Sunday evening is great. People like to relax before going back to work. Saturday is THE absolute worst day (unless it's a marquee boxing match).

Summer sucks since a show has to compete with recreation/vacationers.

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Fox fucked Firefly from the get-go, I'm not suprised it had low ratings.

The Onion A.V. Club cited several actions by the FOX network that contributed to the show's failure, most notably the fact that FOX aired the episodes out of chronological order, making the plot more difficult to follow.[59] For instance, the two-hour episode "Serenity" was intended to be the series' premiere episode, and therefore contained most of the character introductions and back-story. However, FOX decided that "Serenity" was unsuitable to open the series, and the episode, "The Train Job", was specifically created to act as a new pilot.[10] In addition, Firefly was promoted as an action-comedy rather than the more serious character study it was intended to be, and Variety magazine highlighted Fox's decision to occasionally preempt the show for sporting events.[57]
    The good has outed obviously in this case (I loved this story ), which is nice.

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    FSC [Fight Club] BT Rep: +2
    Hell yeah, i get pissed especially when the ending isnt satisfying....I was hella disapointed when HBO decided not to continue Deadwood and now Rome. I wanted to punch a couple of the executives
    Proud Member of:

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    Wolf's Avatar Poster
    I wish The Sopranos could go on forever but alas no.

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    Threshold, and Blade... R.I.P. Two shows which I think bought the bullet after one season... pitty, ok sometimes the plots where a bit ropey and they may not have been to everyones expectations but I did kinda look forward to watching them.

Maybe it was bit torrent that killed them!?! Probably just a combo of bad acting, crap story arcs and low viewing figures tbh... But If the Execs could see the amount of times those shows were getting downloaded I'm sure there could have been some kinda reprive, but alas.. Shows like Farscape get 5 fucking seasons!!111!1!

Some fat talentless TV exec decided to let the axe swing... I would have a at least given Threshold another season... it started well, where as Blade was just comedy gold!

Also I will be pleasantly suprised to see if The Dresden Files will make it to Season 2, I hope.
    Last edited by Colt Seevers; 04-18-2007 at 09:02 PM.

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    It is the worst when the networks cut the show early so it doesn't even get to finish the season like it was intended to from the start of the season.

I also hate that it is all about the money, 4 million viewers is not enough they need 8 million or the show gets cut half way.

7. Movies & TV   -   #27
    General2k's Avatar Death's End BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Star Trek: The Original Series.
    They were way before my time, but TOS are the only ones I like. The rest of the series, are all too.... Trekkie?
    Gee, Brain what do you want to do tonight?
    The same thing we do every night Pinky. Try to take over the world!

8. Movies & TV   -   #28
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I really get pissed off when that happens escpecially The OC great show cancelled

and I am scared that it would happen to prison break or lost

9. Movies & TV   -   #29
    I really wish Arrested Development was not cancelled

10. Movies & TV   -   #30
    99shassan's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I've just started watching tru calling, seems to be a good show that shouldn't have been cancelled.
    Changed SPAN settings in sig a YEAR after it was removed

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast