Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone get annoyed when a show gets cancelled?

emsee's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I hate when they cancle shows

2. Movies & TV   -   #32
    I was REALLY upset when Futurama got cancelled! That's about the only one I can think of. Fox never really gave it a chance to survive.

3. Movies & TV   -   #33
    Skengeboy's Avatar k1337oris BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    To be a little offtopic, does anybody know if The Boondocks has been cancelled?

4. Movies & TV   -   #34
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skengeboy View Post
    To be a little offtopic, does anybody know if The Boondocks has been cancelled?
    It has not been cancelled. I think it comes back in June or September.

5. Movies & TV   -   #35
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Annoyed and Sad

//Agent47

6. Movies & TV   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchStanton View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    While I can see how a certain favorite show being canceled can be disappointing, it's probably better than have your show become stagnant due to lack of new story lines or ideas.
    I agree with you to a certain extent, some TV shows definitely only have a limited shelf life and can become stagnant (I believe it is know as jumping the shark).

I don't think this was the case with 3lbs or Kidnapped however because both shows were cancelled before either series had been fully aired. I just think it is annoying when a show doesn't even get a chance to become established.
    No one watched 3lbs and it got shit reviews. Kidnapped was decent but no one watched. The same I think happened with Vanished.

Kidnapped and Vanished billed themselves as being 24-like and they weren't....at all.
    I think you are right, ultimately that is what it boils down to - reviews and more importantly ratings - but it doesn't make it any easier (for me anyway) to accept.

7. Movies & TV   -   #37
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by firepong View Post
    Another show that they cancelled was John Doe. Really ticked me off.

Man that pissed me off sooo much! John Doe was really a bloody good show. They did a whole season, left it on such an amazing cliffhanger and then cancelled it! What a waste of time for those who followed it! They apparently cancelled it because it wasn't getting tonnes of viewers. And the reason for that was the time it used to air. At the time it was airing at the same time as friends and another popular serial as far as I can remember so its ratings were low. But people loved that show man. It was a bad decision on their part.

Another one they cancelled on a cliffhanger was Tru Calling, again after one full season. They were a few others they cancelled too that were good. Its so annoying and a shame that viewers don't get to vote for it or something!

8. Movies & TV   -   #38
    yeah, that sucks. Drive is the latest victim after 4 episodes, what is the point making the show anyway if it is canceled after only 4 eps

9. Movies & TV   -   #39
    hiub713's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by cmitch525 View Post
    I really wish Arrested Development was not cancelled
    That was so unfair. they even won the emmy for best comedy 2 years in a row. gaaad.

Quote Originally Posted by 99shassan View Post
    I've just started watching tru calling, seems to be a good show that shouldn't have been cancelled.
    Eliza Duschku :drools:

10. Movies & TV   -   #40
    livelysory's Avatar prison break addict BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    it`s very bad when our favourite shows are cancelled

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast